Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok peoples, I was wondering if anybody out there knows the belt numbers for all the belts; ie alternator, p/steering & water pump, thanks. :confused:
I've looked in the manual & it just talks about them without specifying their part no,s.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
If you just go into Supercheap etc etc they will have a catalogue with all the various model numbers of Bosch belts to suit the RB30 Patrol.

·
Registered
nissan
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah just got one from there (alt.) but it looks small thats why I was asking. Any way am going out into the sun to try & put it on now, it would be the alt belt wouldn't it, have to take the other two off 1st LOL oh well.

·
Registered
nissan
4 Posts
Air Con belt

How do you get the thing to go over the pulleys ?? I've loosened the idler pulley to the max but I can't get the belt over and I don't want to damage it using levers etc. Any ideas ?

·
Registered
nissan
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How do you get the thing to go over the pulleys ?? I've loosened the idler pulley to the max but I can't get the belt over and I don't want to damage it using levers etc. Any ideas ?
Is this the air-con belt? have you undone/loosened the big nut in the middle of the pulley?

·
Registered
nissan
4 Posts
Hi, yeah, undone the lock nut and adjusted the tensioner to the loosest. Thinking the belt size maybe wrong (thanks Repco) as I had to use the old washing up liquid and lever technique to get the belt on and the other two belts are out to almost max adjustment as new ....

Didn't think it could be that hard to change the belt ... I'm assuming that the belt can be easily fitted over the pulleys and then tightened once in place ....

·
Registered
nissan
4 Posts
Thanks for the info guys

Thanks for the belt numbers, I'll try to locate some, guessing Supercheap or Repco should have them.

Now seem to have another problem, the cars getting hot, no heat from the heater and alot of coolant in the expansion tank. The missus was driving when it threw the Alt. belt, wondering what damage could have happened ? Am going to try draining the coolant and re-filling to see if that helps. Any other ideas, Thermostat, water pump ?

Cheers All, thanks for the help :)

·
Registered
nissan
194 Posts
beware those numbers, i just got the "correct" belts from the bosch catalogue and one of my belts was a nightmare to get on and the other one nearly ran out of adjustment... not that im complaining at under $10 for all three

·
Registered
nissan
4 Posts
Let me guess

So, the Air Con was a nightmare and the Power Steering one ran out of adjustment right ?

Seem to get the same issues where ever you get the belts .... might still try Nissan ....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts