Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I’m currently switching my rb30 carby patrol to efi And was wondering what colour wires out of the top of the fuel tank are positive or negative or fuel pump relay? As in the photos, I need to plug my green wire fuel pump wire out of the computer to power the fuel pump, or I’m wondering Where I can plug it into ontop of the fuel tank there are 3 wires as shown blue with red stripe, yellow , and white with purple stripe. any help would be great!!

·
Registered
319 Posts
RB30 pump is low pressure pump designed to keep the carby fed. You are either going to want to replace the pump with a TB42e pump or an external pump to up the line pressure to suit the efi setup

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RB30 pump is low pressure pump designed to keep the carby fed. You are either going to want to replace the pump with a TB42e pump or an external pump to up the line pressure to suit the efi setup
I already have a Bosch 070
[/QUOTE
Yeah cheers, but That doesn’t answer my question at all, I’m after the colour of wires out of the tank. I have a Bosch pump capable 500hp+ Horse power to pump fuel into my skyline intake

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Hi I’m currently switching my rb30 carby patrol to efi And was wondering what colour wires out of the top of the fuel tank are positive or negative or fuel pump relay? As in the photos, I need to plug my green wire fuel pump wire out of the computer to power the fuel pump, or I’m wondering Where I can plug it into ontop of the fuel tank there are 3 wires as shown blue with red stripe, yellow , and white with purple stripe. any help would be great!!
Do you post a photo? I can't see it. The fuel pump wiring going to the tank should be a Green wire with a Red trace

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you post a photo? I can't see it. The fuel pump wiring going to the tank should be a Green wire with a Red trace
I will post a photo now, can’t seem to find any green with red stripe, would you know where it is in engine bay? Cheers

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Follow that harness until you get to a connector. On the other side of the connector the wire colours will change
It’s an absolute b*tch to follow haha dual tank is tucked hard up against the body, I ended up cutting the inside of the body to change pump ;)

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
This thread shows where the fuel pump control module is

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks very much for that! I ended finding a thread the other day and I finally found it but this is heaps better (y)(y), off topic, but also for my custom computer loom I have aux out puts 1,2,3 and inputs, I’m guessing for radio and aircon or something, would you know where they might go, colour wires the outputs are?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks very much for that! I ended finding a thread the other day and I finally found it but this is heaps better (y)(y), off topic, but also for my custom computer loom I have aux out puts 1,2,3 and inputs, I’m guessing for radio and aircon or something, would you know where they might go, colour wires the outputs are?

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Are you fitting an aftermarket engine management system? What brand? Got a link? or wiring diagram for it?

Could be for A/C input and output, P/S pressure switch, Park neutral switch, WOT.... Would help if I new what the system already had.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Are you fitting an aftermarket engine management system? What brand? Got a link? or wiring diagram for it?

Could be for A/C input and output, P/S pressure switch, Park neutral switch, WOT.... Would help if I new what the system already had.
Well it was carby, and I’m converting it to EFI with a micro tech lt10c computer. Custom loom and wiring as well as injectors. And a digital 6A msd ignition and ice coil pack.
I have no wiring diagrams so I have no idea where these aux inputs and outs 1,2,3 go.... :s any ideas would be appreciated

1 - 13 of 13 Posts