Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, Im new here.... all the way from little ol' NZ

So I have just bought myself an Aussie new Patrol running the carbie RB30-S engine

just wanting to hear from people that have/had these trucks and what to look out for?

They are pretty rare over here in NZ, most are 4.2 or at least the injected RB30e so not much feedback to be found

Also wondering if the RB30e water pump fits the my engine? wanting to do full service but the genuine RB30-S water pump is stupidly expensive

Cheers

·
Registered
nissan
131 Posts
I have had one for fourteen years and in that time, I have replaced the plugs once, cleaned the carby once, put one water pump on (preventative), two timing belts, one being preventative, (not knowing if it was replaced at 100 000 when I bought it. I wound off the choke so it didn't work as it made the motor hard to start, (not cold where I live), and I had the clutch pressure plate fail about 7 years ago. Other than that, the whole thing is pretty bulletproof.

·
Registered
nissan
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers guys,

yeah I have scrapped the choke myself as well, even in the chilly south island with frosts it starts fine without it.
will do timing belt etc soon just so I know what I am starting with, but its a great weekend toy!

·
Registered
nissan
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sweet cheers for that info! will have to find the best price for some goodies

·
Registered
nissan
38 Posts
The water pump is different to the rb30e so no it can't be used as the housing forms part of the timing belt cover on the rb30s. The oil pump housing is also different as it mates up to the water pump.

CHeeers

if you use VL timing covers (bolt straight on) then u can use VL water pumps...gates, great quality cost like $60
granted then u must use VL oil pump
cheers

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
If you use the vl parts you can swap the pulleys to run the v belt. I had to do this as my air con was running v belts ion my old mk.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts