Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my last trip the syncro got really slow on 2nd, it was also a bit slow going 2nd to third. I had to double de clutch to avoid severe grinding. Back in town its kinda okay, but I'm not happy. At 350k's and previous gearbox work I think its time .
So, assuming I'm going to keep my red non-rocket for EVER, is it a serious rebuild and what will it cost ? I'm not doing it, so I'm paying a man ! PS- I dont think a good 2nd hand would be good value if the old girls going to be on the road forever !
Cheers.

·
Glasshouse Bogan #1
nissan patrol gu
9,423 Posts
Those boxes are fairly easy to do being the alloy box. I'd say allow 12 hours Labour. So $1200 Labour minimum. Not sure on parts I'd check with cbc they do rebuild kits for td42 boxes so could have one.
Say $800 for rebuild kit and synchro about 200 and a clutch if its not been done. Clutch a few hundred.
I rekon minimum $2500 up to $3500 max.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
nissan
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks choppedGu, yer I was steeling myself for 3 grand or so. My clutch is good ,but a man is going to have to pull everything out and stick it back again. Lets hope the motors got another 200k in it before I- (A man) -rebuilds that !
cheers!

·
GHMBC #3
nissan patrol gq lwb,3"lift.
3,788 Posts
Those boxes are fairly easy to do being the alloy box. I'd say allow 12 hours Labour. So $1200 Labour minimum. Not sure on parts I'd check with cbc they do rebuild kits for td42 boxes so could have one.
Say $800 for rebuild kit and synchro about 200 and a clutch if its not been done. Clutch a few hundred.
I rekon minimum $2500 up to $3500 max.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
can you rebuild a box for me and i'll wash yr car a few times or build you a patio for ya van?

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Cost me $1800 for new bearings and a standard clutch about two years ago.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts