Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just joined!
I've been doing a rb30 twin cam conversion in my gu, she's mostly done and on the road now, I know there's lots of 25 conversions out there but are there others that have done a 25/30 conversion? If so what numbers are you making and how does it drive?
I want to get this build out there and let guys know that it is well worth the work, massive torque gains at as low as 1,500rpm and stronger more reliable bottom end over the baby 25, only road tuned it so far and it overtakes v8cruisers in the sand and on the road 馃ぃ

Registered
Nissan
Nice work dude! Is the braided hose for the VCT? I'm guessing you're using the rd28 manual gearbox, how well do they hold up to a motor like yours?

I'm surprised there hasn't been more interest in your build.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Nice work dude! Is the braided hose for the VCT? I'm guessing you're using the rd28 manual gearbox, how well do they hold up to a motor like yours?

I'm surprised there hasn't been more interest in your build.
Hey Mate! Yeah the braided line is oil supply to the vct and front half of the right hand cam journals, the smaller gearbox can be good enough for decent power, just need to avoid over running them when downshifting, I'm looking into gearset upgrades for these boxes as they're similar to the r33 skyline box.
Haha thanks man, it's been a long process constantly modifying things just to make it all happy but I'm pretty happy with how it's turning out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts