Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just about to do the rb30t conversion and had a question about the wiring. From what I understand there is 3 constant power source and 1 ignition, on the engine loom where it breaks off into the plug with 2 orange wires, 1 white and one other would I be right to wire them straight to the battery? Or would I need a fuseable link or what should I do there.

Thanks

·
Registered
nissan
812 Posts
u just need one battery to ecu
one battery to power injectors

efi relay power which powers ecu and dizzy and air flow meter

then fuel pump relay

nest of google a wiring diagram and print it out and then use a multimeter to go over the loom

·
Registered
nissan
812 Posts
that's an ecu pinout but u really should have a wiring diagram aswell
there is prob people out there wiring these a quick and nasty way without relays

just run all power wires to ign switch
run fuel pump power to ign switch

then just connect start wire and yr good to go

fitting relays takes a lot longer to get it all working properly

·
Registered
nissan patrol
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Running all power wires through ignition would cause computer to reset every time you turn the car off tho?

I understand what you're saying mate but have traced all wires to their plugs and tagged everything and that's what I came up with

·
Registered
nissan
885 Posts
I posted a couple of good diagrams here on patrol4x4 a few years back. They are what I used wiring mine up. I figured the neater and closer to factory I wired it, the easier to troubleshoot down the track. I'll see if I can find the thread.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Mal ill sus it over when I pull out the loom again tomorrow and double check it.

The loom I got hasn't been messed around with so hopefully is more so plug in and away we go. The main issue I was having was power to the ecu and how I should go about it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts