Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one know if you can use a head off an RD28 Intercooled on a RD 28 non intercooled motor? Cheers Scott

·
Registered
nissan
97 Posts
Maybe. Although the RD28 with intercooler is like 10 years newer than the RD28 (as it is the RD28Ti from the GU). This at least means the vacuum pump is also mounted on the head instead of behind the alternator. The early (pre-1995) RD28T heads should work.

·
Registered
Nissan
820 Posts
Sure...it would work....provided you wanted to contend with bucket shims that needed servicing periodically,,,as against straight hydraulic lifters that don't....plus...there are a couple more sensor plugs on intercooled heads.
BTW...late 96 to end of GQ models had the vacuum pumps on rocker cover already.

Cheers Keith

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah righto thanks,Mine gq is a 1997 so i'm assuming it must be one of the ones?
It has the vacuum pump on the rocker cover.
I just want to get it going so i can sell it.
not too worried about long term maintenance.. cheers Scott

·
Registered
Nissan
820 Posts
Yours is the same as mine then....straight hydraulic lifters without bucket shims...and vac. pump on rocker cover...non intercooled.
The GU ones (intercooled) have bucket shims...and from what I have heard...can be a pain to live with.
But it is only heresay on my part ...so maybe someone on here has more info for you on the buckets.

Cheers Keith

1 - 6 of 6 Posts