Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas I’ve read through a few posts, re: rd28 auto’s I can’t seem to find anyone that’s actually been successful doing this conversion
. Does anyone know if it’s been done before ? Im on a mission to make it happen, if it hasn’t I will make it happen early next year.
🍻

·
Premium Member
1999 GU Wagon ST RD28
516 Posts
Hey Davos,
Just bear in mind the power loss in driving an auto is the main reason people wouldnt do it. The little motor doesnt need anything robbing power from it...

·
Registered
nissan
4,985 Posts
Nissan did do an auto version of the RD28 but I think it has a bell housing different to all other models so probably not easy to find.

·
Registered
nissan
471 Posts
Nissan did do an auto version of the RD28 but I think it has a bell housing different to all other models so probably not easy to find.
would be interesting to see if the nissan version used the re4 trans or one from the skyline.....

·
Registered
nissan
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’ve put a gt2052v of a Audi A6 all road on it, it produces 15 pound at 1500rpm now. Not like the old Garrett that start producing boost at 2300rpm, very different car to drive now 👌 I know there’s a few around Europe that are factory auto’s but I can’t find any info about them.

my list of parts so far

Re401a bell housing from a skyline, will bolt up to rd/rb block and bolt up to re403 in patrol

rd28 flex plate from a laurel auto, from NZ

F1 converter from a factory td gq auto

does anyone know if an oil pump from a re401a will fit into re403 ?

if so do you could use a lot more rb parts converter flex plate etc ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts