Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

I recently bought gq with an rd28 and if I floor in in first or second it will backfire it higher rpm and blow alot of smoke and loose all power for a short period of time. Is this caused from over fueling or boost too high? Or is it more likely worn injectors or fuel pump
Thanks guys

·
Registered
nissan
3 Posts
The hose that runs into the turbo gets to the age when it collapses under pressure and starves the turbo for air. I know this happens in aftermarket turbo kits and has happened to me but dont know about factory setups. Try the simple cheap things first.. give the pipe a squeeze and see how soft it is..

·
Registered
nissan
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It not the hoses checked then and replaced a couple after the waste gate no difference?
I is also using a massive amount of fuel way more than it should could they be related how do o adust the fuel?

·
Registered
nissan
86 Posts
Rd28 t revs quiet fast and and easily. Are you sure the rev limiter is not kicking in? Then also check on your inlet manifold the over boost valve ?? If you are over reving or simply keeping it floored , then you maybe over boosting to quickly . Quick spool turbo quick rpm. Once the valve is open on the manifold boost pressure drops rapidly and you loose power. Pls check

1 - 5 of 5 Posts