Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I went to purchase a RD28 starter motor for my GU from wreckers and they only had a GQ starter motor and was advised it is the same so i went through with the purchase. The only issue i am having now is ive forgotten which plug goes where on the starter. I know the positive from battery which is easy but cannot work out which other cable goes onto the starter as i have wires everywhere at the moment from doing my engine conversion.

Is it possible if someone could either send me a diagram or a photo of what cable goes where on their starter on the GU so i can copy or the cable colours so it helps me identify which ones are required.

Another question would be - does the GU starter motors have a plug on it, because the GQ one only has a metal lip so u can slide a plug onto it. I can post photo if required.

Thanks,

·
Registered
87 Posts
Mate there is the positive wire which u have on the block side of the starter and then u should have one little wire which has a black plastic cap which just pushes on to a fitting above that. U shouldn't have too much trouble cos the wires are a specific length. I can't get to a camera right now but I hope that helps u.

Cheers
Dave

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It does make sense, i just didnt want to wire it up the incorrect way because due to my conversion i do have some wires coming quite close to that area.

I know which black capped wire your talking about. Ill wire that up tonight and see how it goes but if a photo could be taken that would be fantastic just to confirm.

Thanks,

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just installed the wiring, can someone confirm if i managed to do it right.

Installed power cable from battery onto starter motor which is the obvious one, then followed the diagram in gregories manual saying black with yellow stripe cable which has the black slip on cap to the other lip on the starter which i have done. Is there any other wires that may be required?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts