Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve looked through as much as I could to find a similar question but could not do forgive me if I’m repeating.
Does anyone know if it is possible to fit a set of injectors from a rd28t mechanical system to a later electrical fuel system with the plug on number 1?
I’ve been trying to find a set to fit my wagon but I am having trouble finding a replacement set either new or rebuilt. Most places will rebuild my injectors but I’m not keen to lose the time as I use patrol for work.
I was thinking if the injectors are the same that it may be possible to simply fit the plug section from old injectors onto a new mechanical injector.
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
1998 2.8GU wagon
3,582 Posts
No, not possible, the lift sensor is part of the injector. When I bought a set of reconditioned ones a couple of years ago I was told that if the wires are damaged they can't be repaired & also that new ones aren't available any more. Surprised that you can't just buy a set of reconditioned ones or get an exchange set.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’m in Coffs Harbour, the closest place that has them in stock is in Brissy and they want $990 exchange if the electrical side is useable, more if unserviceable plus a $600 surety that’s reimbursed after I send them mine. Seems a bit rich to me considering some of the online prices for mechanical injectors. It seems that the rebuild parts are available also.
Thanks mate.

·
Registered
1998 2.8GU wagon
3,582 Posts
I'm just down the road at Macksville & got mine at North Coast Engines in Coffs, when I got my new head from them.

·
Registered
1998 Nissan Patrol Wagon RD28ETi
182 Posts
I’ve looked through as much as I could to find a similar question but could not do forgive me if I’m repeating.
Does anyone know if it is possible to fit a set of injectors from a rd28t mechanical system to a later electrical fuel system with the plug on number 1?
I’ve been trying to find a set to fit my wagon but I am having trouble finding a replacement set either new or rebuilt. Most places will rebuild my injectors but I’m not keen to lose the time as I use patrol for work.
I was thinking if the injectors are the same that it may be possible to simply fit the plug section from old injectors onto a new mechanical injector.
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
If you are replacing the injectors in an RD28eti engine (GU rd28) you can't use GQQ RD28 injectors. If you get rebuilt injectors you will need a new No.1 injector as they can not be rebuilt. Some places will have a set on the shelf ready to go. In 2016 I got mine at Diesel Central in Gracemere (near Rockhampton). They had a reco'd set on the shelf (with new No.1), all I did was take my injectors in and they swapped them straight over for $550.

Where are you located? ring around a few diesel places to check. I would recommend Diesel Central - Rockhampton, KM Diesel - Brendale (North Brisbane).

Reactions: geeyoutoo

·
Registered
182 Posts
I’m in Coffs Harbour, the closest place that has them in stock is in Brissy and they want $990 exchange if the electrical side is useable, more if unserviceable plus a $600 surety that’s reimbursed after I send them mine. Seems a bit rich to me considering some of the online prices for mechanical injectors. It seems that the rebuild parts are available also.
Thanks mate.
$990 is probably close to the right money if they are supplying a new No.1 injector. This injector is about $300 - $500 depending on where it is sourced from.

No.1 injector new from Partsouq.com (genuine Nissan parts supplier) is $255 AUD but postage will be about $60 AUD

https://partsouq.com/en/catalog/genuine/unit?c=Nissan&ssd=$*KwHt2cjWlbi8j-i7vOrlvLWhgYaY6ebr6vjr_bueovqr_OP5xaq4_bO-u_3kgvnEqsmioKyxu56i-evh8P3k7O_z_LS85aqu_Zz79P2ruvm8qqXn65j47-7r-fv24ra6maP9t635vKrClpD79P23qvm8qt6R742cjIfv6se4pe7v7e7u_PX54-m25YWEpQAAAADx9fKn$&vid=0&cid=2&uid=19164&q=JN1TDSY61A0111461

·
Registered
1998 2.8GU wagon
3,582 Posts
Don't know who told you that No. 1 injector can't be reconditioned, the one in my set was. Total for the full set of reco'd ones was $500 a couple of years ago. They did say that if the wires to the lift sensor is damaged it can't be repaired, but the rest of the injector can be reconditioned.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Don't know who told you that No. 1 injector can't be reconditioned, the one in my set was. Total for the full set of reco'd ones was $500 a couple of years ago. They did say that if the wires to the lift sensor is damaged it can't be repaired, but the rest of the injector can be reconditioned.
That's what the guys at Diesel Central advised me when I got mine in 2016. From my understanding they are supposed to be one of the top Diesel places in Qld.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Amayama have a possible replacement for No.1 since the original is no longer available. part No. A6600VB327

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the info . I knew this would be the place to go .
From the research I e done , number 1 can be overhauled but the electrical part is non serviceable and if faulty must be replaced and this is the section no longer being manufactured which has elevated prices..
It’s amazing, at lunch time yesterday I was drawing a blank and by 7 pm I had found out a huge amount. Thankyou agin for all your help. It’s really useful being able to draw on other experiences and cut out the sales crap.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just rang and he has 6 on the shelf but has to reco my number 1, $500 . Thankyou so much , you’ve saved me money and my hair.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts