Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

121 - 140 of 177 Posts

·
Registered
nissan gq
19 Posts
got mine running good today after spending some time removing all the corrosion and crap around my coils and cleaning everything up it was a mess then replaced all the spark plugs
upped the boost and shes going so much better
but i will need to replace the power steering pump its nearly had it and same with my gearbox
and doing something with the exhaust tomorrow to quiet it down a bit
but love the conversion its awesome
AEM computer after i replace/fix the gearbox :cheers:

·
Registered
nissan
1,260 Posts
Why would you want to make it quieter? Mine is getting a screamer pipe straight out under the passenger door. Saying that it is going to be a comp truck. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
nissan
81 Posts
Not good to see some of you guys having problems but your not alone my engine has had an intermittent misfire since a week after I put it in (I washed it to well and they got wet) and I've finally narrowed it down to a coil pack so new ones are ordered and should arrive a week before I leave W.A. :driving:
Replaced the IC water pump because the one in the kit was rubbish and lasted about 3 weeks if the one I have currently has a sad I will finally have to admit defeat on my Chinese stuff I have had no issues with anything else.

·
Registered
nissan
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
ok so i have got the ****s lmao ... the harness i got with the motor is lets say hacked up to the **** house .... i have done the alternator wiring but will be sending my harness away to be sorted and set up to be a plug and play option .....all i have to add is the fuel pump relay ect ect... now on the hunt for parts to finish the machinal side .... but parts are hard in bundy hmmmm

·
Registered
nissan patrol
315 Posts
my engine is in, intercooler mounted, exhaust modified and cat fitted, loom is 90% plugged in blah blah blah. still waiting on some bits that should have been with the engine that weren't but thats another long story... intercooler pipes today, bit of a headache but going along with my original plan of 2.5" hot and 3" cold pipes. had to custom make a/c lines and still a bit suspect on the high pressure side being so close to chassis rail. having trouble getting a accel pedal and cable for it too. any ideas?

·
Registered
nissan
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
i have not chased a accerator cable yet but i am thinking any patrol petrol cable will be ok and if i cant find one of them i will look at using a r31 skyline or vl commodore ...
i am in the same boat with needing a/c pump ,steer pump and hp line ,starter motor and a few other fiddly bits but hoping to attack the fuel pump set up and mount the intercooler then work out piping..
we be getting a 3 inch pipe set up made $800.. and loom will be going in to be set up to plug and play $300...

·
Registered
nissan
81 Posts
Hi carawashguru made it to Brisbane hammered the p!55 out of it the hole way camper trailer in tow truck loaded to the roof. The turbo whistled the whole way 5000 Kms 98 oct fuel on the nullabor hit 2.12 in a spot economy was about 23 l/100 but pumped up the tyres for the extra weight and it settled to around 18 l/100 the rest of the way. No issues at all. Wish I had more time to look around.
Jamestroll 98 or newer 4.5 petrol trol throttle cable these will fit a gq as well.
Carwashguru you need the skyline ac pump and powersteer pump any pirtek can make the high pressure line unless you find one in the wreakers from a gu petrol I couldn't get one in WA use your old starter motor it will fit its very very very very very tight. I will be seeing Scott's rods about an exhaust next week 3inch as this is a major restriction for this engine in my view. Mine is 2inch in parts he said he would make the dump pipe and everything.

·
Registered
Nissan
409 Posts
I keep seeing all you guys all so happy with your RB conversions. I swapped my old RD28 out for my stagea NEO engine its nearly complete besides the fact i havnt finished my wiring. I will try it again tomorrow to hope wat i did today works but can ppl explain to me wat they did to make there engine run? This is my second attempt of wiring it.

·
Registered
nissan
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
just an update ... intercooler mounted all parts sourced except standard blow of vavle .... radiator back in ... still waiting for harnees to be done ...but in saying that it has been pretty hectic up here of late with the floods so the patrol is on hold for another week or 2 ....due to money being spent elsewhere to cover some losses ....

@ bigwill .... great to hear she ran well for u on your trip thats great news

·
Registered
Nissan
409 Posts
I used a 4.5 patrol power steering hose.. With all skyline accessories. I had to use a skylines sump so i have less clearance between diff and sump. Starter is hell tight in there but fits lol. I cut n welded a skylines exhaust to fit. It you get creative it works fine. Mine dumps just before the diff tho

·
Registered
nissan
81 Posts
Chinese Bosch o44 fuel pump gave up lasted 10000 km lucky I was only 6 km from my new home had kids wife at night with no tools in the truck so I did what any good bush mechanic would do gave her a love tap with a beer bottle got me 2 Kms each time and it finally stalled in the shed. Has a real o44 now [email protected]$k they are dear but might of been my fault as the filter was full of fine black crap possibly left over diesel contamination, bad fuel (from cross AUST trip), or some rubber is breaking down in one of the hoses anyway the pump was sucking this stuff up and spitting it out could of been the pump breaking down too.

i earthed my coils to try and take any corrosion issues out of the ignition system. :victory::victory::victory::victory:

After new o44 no scary detonation like when I hit the rev limiter the first time which I suspect is the the reason for the 2mm hardened steel chip I found in my rear diff when changing the oil. :-?

·
Registered
nissan gq
64 Posts
Good to see everyone is loving the rb motors in place of the rd. I'm about to put an rb30 turbo into mine now that the rd28 head has shat. Just bought a complete running and driving vl to use for the engine swap.

·
Registered
nissan
1,260 Posts
Where are you at? What are you doing with the rd?

121 - 140 of 177 Posts