Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

141 - 160 of 177 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
Blow off sorted .. All a/c power steer alt sorted now the air box and pipe work to go and fuel pump .. Then wiring time ... Fuel pump , thermo fans , dash/ gauges and ecu mounting :) starting to get close !!

·
Registered
nissan
1,260 Posts
Was thinking of doing an rb26/28det in my Ute so I am chasing a complete bottom end.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,006 Posts
Was thinking of doing an rb26/28det in my Ute so I am chasing a complete bottom end.
Got a mate that has a rb26/28 in his skyline. It is fcukin wild!

·
Registered
nissan
1,260 Posts
Yeah I know and as far as I know no one has done it in patrol

·
Registered
nissan
1,260 Posts
When I had mine i was looking at running a skyline auto box in it, but the mechanic that was going to do it for me seems to think the wiring was going to be a nightmare so we didnt do it. Would of loved to of done it tho.

·
Registered
Nissan
409 Posts
Trying to get the patrol's auto to work inline with the RB's computer would be a nightmare. Unless u can adapt a transfer case onto a skylines box.

·
Registered
Nissan
409 Posts
Has anyone else got any issues with there RB25 on cold start and being a pain in the bum to get going? Also mine struggles to idle and more likely stalls? Just thought i would ask incase someone else has had the same problems.

·
Registered
nissan/patrol
3,663 Posts
Has anyone else got any issues with there RB25 on cold start and being a pain in the bum to get going? Also mine struggles to idle and more likely stalls? Just thought i would ask incase someone else has had the same problems.
Make sure your temp sensor for the ecu is working.

·
Registered
Nissan
409 Posts
All the engine harness is in tack. But yeh if i can figure out which wire does wat again i'll try and connect that wire to my dash. So i can see how it runs

·
Registered
nissan
885 Posts
Is there a feed from the starter motor to the ECU on these?

The RB30 ECUs have a cranking input to the ECU to manage the fueling while the engine is starting.

·
Registered
nissan
885 Posts
You had an EFI RB30? Or the factory carb RB30S?

The ECU on the R31/VL had a cranking input so it knew when the car was being started and didn't overfuel. They run without it, but it's in the code and in the loom, and makes the car easier to start, particularly from cold.

Also, with the RB25, like the EFI RB30, there is 2 coolant temp senders. One for the dash gauge, and one for the ECU. Don't wire the ECU wire into the dash, feed it from the correct sender at the engine.

Sorry, I might be missing the issue. Good luck with it. I was only in this thread to pick up the info from the auto box conversation.

·
Registered
Nissan
409 Posts
I was chatting to the guy who guided me through my wiring and he seems to think i've missed connecting a common ignition feed to auxillaries. Was a quick diagnostic because he did the same thing when he wired up his own

·
Registered
Nissan
409 Posts
Well i took her for her first trip out bush with our club on the w/e and the new motor is broken :( sump needs attention i had oil surge issues which flacked my bottom end :( o'well back to the drawing board.

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
311 Posts
Look for a rb30 block mate and run all your rb25 bits on it, head needs abit of work to fit and turbo may need to be upgraded but best way to go rb30/25det

141 - 160 of 177 Posts