Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

161 - 177 of 177 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
81 Posts
I'm guessing you used the skyline sump when you had your issue ? The patrol has a tray in the bottom to help with big side angles etc not changing the sump could of been your issue.

·
Registered
Nissan
409 Posts
I had used the skyline sump but i also had it modified but still let me down. And yeh we know it was the issue

·
Registered
nissan
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #164
update time .... its finished ,,,... it drives yay lol some pics to follow if photo bucket pulls its finger out

·
Registered
Nissan Gu patrol
1 Posts
wireing

hi gyes i am 95% done in my gu conversion rd28 to rb25det who did ur wireing??? need someone to wire mine up asap in vic hahaha

·
Registered
nissan
812 Posts
hey 2.8
I got a ford ba e6cyl ngine to work with a gq auto
so it can be done u just have to make sure u rewire the stuff for the auto u take off
and also the ba is fly by wire so it was abit tricky but we think it works fine
just need more kms of road testing to make sure its fine

·
Registered
nissan
81 Posts
Attention all RB 25 / 26 owners next time you have your timing belt covers off change the bolts or studs that hold the tensioner pulleys on this is a must at belt change 3 (f:;k it did mine last month) as they snap off i have this from good info from a friend that home builds 500 + hp RB 26 engines but it applies to both i will be getting mine from niz bits ASAP so change these 2 bolts/studs when u do a belt and no problems for you.

·
Registered
nissan
812 Posts
hey carwash
u should cut n shut the top half of the inlet manifold and make the throttle body face the front so u don't get the cross over pipe behind the radiator
it might not be so bad in your case as u have big diameter piping
but years ago on a skyline with rb25 the pipe after the intercooler was getting hot from the radiator
so intercooler was defeating the purpose

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bigwig just put rb25det NEO into my gq there's only 5-6 wires you need to power up give me your email address and I can fed you same email I helped another bloke with when he did his
Hey mate hope ur still on this forum have you got the details of the wires to get the rb started in the patrol cheers

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Hey mate hope ur still on this forum have you got the details of the wires to get the rb started in the patrol cheers
Unfortunately he hasn't been on here since 2013.

161 - 177 of 177 Posts