Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I have recently been doing some modifications on my Y60. Things I did in the process include the following:
-Arashi dynamic gtx2860r gen2 turbine
-12mm fuel pump upgrade
-cooling port on cylinder head moved to the back
-new timing belt kit installed along with new water pump.
-and other stuff.

I did a kind of a video diary of the process and here below is a link to my YouTube channel where I have 10 videos already uploaded. The current situation with the car is that it is running fine but no heavy testing has been done due to the fact that the clutch started slipping with the added power. A new clutch will be put in next week to hopefully solve the problem.

The car itself is a heavy modified 1997 Y60 on 46" tyres and it's located in Iceland.

The talking on the videos is in Icelandic but if you have any questions then just comment on the videos and I will answer.

If you like it please give it a thumbs up and subscribe.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Vid series looks good dude, its pretty hard to follow with no subtitles tbh, haha!

I was in Iceland in winter a few years back and spent my holiday perving on all the vehicles instead of taking in all the tourist spots! You guys have some talent at fitting the biggest tyres to things!

Have you got any write up of the mods with pics posted anywhere?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was actually thinking if I should do a video in English where I talk about the modifications on the car. I think it could make more sense rather than just listing up all the things installed.

·
Registered
nissan
486 Posts
Hi everyone. I have recently been doing some modifications on my Y60. Things I did in the process include the following:
-Arashi dynamic gtx2860r gen2 turbine
-12mm fuel pump upgrade
-cooling port on cylinder head moved to the back
-new timing belt kit installed along with new water pump.
-and other stuff.

I did a kind of a video diary of the process and here below is a link to my YouTube channel where I have 10 videos already uploaded. The current situation with the car is that it is running fine but no heavy testing has been done due to the fact that the clutch started slipping with the added power. A new clutch will be put in next week to hopefully solve the problem.

The car itself is a heavy modified 1997 Y60 on 46" tyres and it's located in Iceland.

The talking on the videos is in Icelandic but if you have any questions then just comment on the videos and I will answer.

If you like it please give it a thumbs up and subscribe.

Nice truck mate, glad to see another never late in a 2.8. I have got a front mount intercooler on mine along with the obligatory fuel adjustment, straight through exhaust and more monitoring gauges to keep an eye on temps. This after a full engine rebuild, new turbo and fuel pump.;)I dont know maybe I am mad but I just cant part with it and recently just got a new gearbox in.

·
Registered
7 Posts
you guys got any links to any threads or info on the rd28t mods? I'm gonna need a few tweaks on mine but dont know where to start!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How far are you willing to go? Some real easy tweaks or some harder and more expensive? What is your aim? If you know what you are aiming for then maybe I could point you in some direction.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nothing too mad tbh, I'll be running 35s and it's gonna be an all round truck so mostly what you guys would call touring. Some off road tracks but not a crawler.

I've pulled the exhaust off while fixing rust and under sealing so I'll be making a 3" system and seems like a good time to slap an ebay turbo on there. 😂

Nothing that's gonna take too long to spool up though.

Id guess that with some increased fuel, and a few psi would be good fun on a 2.8 do a front mount intercooler to keep the temps down.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts