Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day,

I had a crack in the windscreen so took it in to get a free bit of glass out of my insurer. When they took the old one off the metal behind the screen is fairly rusted. They said they can give it a sandblast and bit of paint for around $600-800. I have a fair few scratches and bits of paint missing around the place already. So I asked about a full respray. They said the last one they did was less than $4,000.

So I have it booked in for next week to get stripped and sprayed. I will be taking most things off myself, tray, roobar etc so that should save a few $$$.

Just wondering if $4G is a good price? Thinking of getting a darkish blue colour but haven't made up my mind yet. What do you think?

Cheers.

Sculls.

·
Registered
nissan
182 Posts
One thing i can say is you get what ya pay for when it comes to resprays, you could get a thousand dollar respray but they would use cheap materials and mask everything up rather than stripping the car.That price seems about right, are you changing the colour, and is that inside and out respray. Prices can vary drmatically from shop to shop, it comes down to how much they want to do the job.

·
Registered
nissan
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers flexedup.
That is for a strip and re-spray of everything except the engine bay. Not too worried about the engine bay as it is not going to be a show car. I will be changing the colour from white to a darkish blue. Something like Monterey blue that Nissan do on the 370Z.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts