Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my transmission rebuilt here in Canada because it was slipping, fluid was burnt and the transmission temperature was hitting 260f

I just got it back for the rebuild and the rebuilder noted that the high clutch pack was burnt, they rebuilt the box with new steels and frictions, I had the converter brazed and opened up a bit to lower the stall..

I have gotten it back and taken it out a few times it drives great but the temperature shoots up as soon as I get it on the highway in 3rd gear all the way up to 230f during cruise ~100kph as soon as it clicks down into "4th gear lockup" the temps drop down to 180f right away. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this ?

I have confirmed the line pressures to the forward clutches and they check out.. 55psi idle, 180psi brake stall and 208psi WOT

I have tried two different gauges in the transmission cooler line.. and confirmed with the TCU voltage reading

I have reached out to Paul Keas hopefully he has heard of something like this before.

·
Registered
nissan
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
so the word from the man himself... don't take the temperature of the transmission fluid from the cooling line... take it from the pan.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts