Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

My rear accessory plug in my 07 Patrol SL-L no longer has power. I've checked every fuse in the fuse box above the driver's knee and also the fuse box in the engine bay. Every fuse is ok.

I've also pulled the panel off to check the rear of the accessory plug and everything looks ok in that department as well.

Can anyone suggest where the fuse to the plug might be?

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol
73 Posts
Hi

My rear accessory plug in my 07 Patrol SL-L no longer has power. I've checked every fuse in the fuse box above the driver's knee and also the fuse box in the engine bay. Every fuse is ok.

I've also pulled the panel off to check the rear of the accessory plug and everything looks ok in that department as well.

Can anyone suggest where the fuse to the plug might be?
Hi GUIV not sure if this will help, in manual I have shows a wiring diagram of what may be a relay. There is an accessory relay (bottom right) behind main fuse panel.

·
Registered
nissan
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks The Troll. I'll have a look for the relay.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
I wouldnt bother using the standard rear power outlet for much..... i reckon it will suffer from voltage drop, probably only has skinny wiring and if you tried to run a decent sized fridge off it you'd have problems with it.

·
Registered
nissan
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wouldnt bother using the standard rear power outlet for much..... i reckon it will suffer from voltage drop, probably only has skinny wiring and if you tried to run a decent sized fridge off it you'd have problems with it.
Hi Richo

My thoughts as well after seeing the thin cable connected to the plug. I've decided to spend my time rewiring with 6GA or 8GA rather than trying to find where the current cable problem is.

·
Premium Member
nissan
2,306 Posts
Hi Richo

My thoughts as well after seeing the thin cable connected to the plug. I've decided to spend my time rewiring with 6GA or 8GA rather than trying to find where the current cable problem is.
This would be the better way to go.

From memory the genuine socket only works when the accessories or ignition is on.

·
Registered
nissan
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got around to rewiring the rear plug to my second battery and adding a switch next to the plug so that I can turn the power off. After testing the job I discovered that the original accessory power plug is faulty! It won't ground, something is wrong within the plug itself. Bought a new plug from Autobarn and everything works now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts