Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The infamous boot channel rust
Any suggestions on what I should do here fellas? Can I clean it up and hit it with converter or should I prepare to cut and replace now?
not my forte so looking for easy suggestions I can do at home to atleast slow it down till funds allow it to be done properly

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,841 Posts
My old 2000 had a small amount of rust starting along the I was able to clean it up mask tape the perimeter and prime then topcoat, worked fine, the issue with yours is what appears to be a hole, rust on the outside is easy to clear up, if that has made it to the inside then anything could happen, if it isn't a hole you could try what I did.

·
Registered
GQ Dual Cab. TD42Ti with fruit.
5,387 Posts
I think there is every chance you are not going to stop that by anything other than cutting it out. If you can get hold of a hand held sand blaster and get it cleaned off you will know.

·
Right Turn Clyde
nissan patrol
1,057 Posts
I had a couple of small rust holes in the corners on my GU. I ground it down first, then I removed the hood lining to inspect from inside. It all looked pretty good so I repaired the holes I needed externally and then coated the inside with rust convertor. A year on nothings come back. Cheers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts