Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

After fitting my lift I noticed the camber was significantly positive on the rear wheels.

Anyone else with a lift having the same issue? Apparently there isn't enough adjustment to get it neutral or negative.

The only reason I can think of for that is Nissan knew how much these sag in the rear when towing and compensated with positive camber.

Anyone with wheel alignment sheets your feedback would be much appreciated!

·
The Centaur .5 Manpopwer .5 Horsepower
nissan
981 Posts
When I spoke to the guys at tough dog they said the y62 was the most critical of any vehicle they have done a kit for, in that the weights have to be right otherwise the camber will be out of wack and start chewing out the tyres. You may have the wrong springs for the weight you are carrying.

·
Registered
nissan
268 Posts
Hi Stig

Im now at 76, 000 km and have been watching v carefully rear wear. Im happy so far all looks very even.

However being mainly a towing workhorse I've done about 50, 000 km out of total and maybe that keeps wear even.

Ive followed other vehicles forums such as pajeros and current kia sorrentos that have have problems with angles on the rear end towing loads.

Ive got King springs....don't have settings here although I have posted somewhere in earlier chats.

I also thought about whether rear end tyre angles would impact 4wding. No problems I can report. I did a which trip to Duea nat park on the weekend. ..not a problem. Did all and everything with ease...much to amazement of lux and Nissan navara drivers. Even had a toyo land cruiser ute driver stop me and ask..."what is that?"

Blown away by 5.6 lit v8 detail. Some people are just happy to put up with an expensive 4.5lit single turbo average motor and pay heaps for it.

Sorry off topic. Wagging finger noted

Not sure what u can do.

John b

·
Registered
nissan
932 Posts
I think CRD means that you can't lift the rear more than a certain amount before the camber goes out.

What's the total lift at the rear?

I stumbled across this thread by wranga87:

http://www.patrol4x4.com/forum/memb...dependent-will-interesting-207242/index3.html

I wonder if his diff drop helped with this issue?

There isn't an adjustment on the top link, is it possible to retrofit one or fit an eccentric bush?

Otherwise you might just have to lower it back down a little or just put up with the tyre wear.

·
Registered
nissan/patrol
3,663 Posts
I imagine like the 180sx I used to own that when lowering or raising a car you need to have adjustable upper camber arms or offset adjustable bushes . This would allow you to adjust the camber to suit the lift and keep everything straight. You could go the other way and have longer lower arms to suit as well.

·
Registered
Nissan
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I think I might have to come up with a custom solution. Eccentric bushes would probably be easiest.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts