Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,864 Posts
Here's a pic of one from the UK but I don't think I've seen one here in Oz for some reason. There are plenty form Rangies and Prado's you may be able to adapt easily. There's not much to them.

guladder.jpg

·
Registered
nissan
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sweet...thats what I'm after.

I'll fit the Kaymar carrier first to ensure the wheels and ladder don't interfere.

Thx.

·
Registered
nissan gu
23 Posts
Arb have a step that goes where the spare wheel fits for about $60 but I find I am still using the spare to stand on as I have a wheel carrier

·
Registered
nissan y61
4,788 Posts
I use and build this ladder for our Patrols in the Philippines made from alloy as per attached picutre. We have upgraded it to body weight 95Kg with backing plates or 85 kg with no backing plate. If your body weight is over 100kg then you need to use the spare wheel ladder type.

I sold about 12 of them in the last two years and no issues to date and my Patrol that I first fitted is great. I found it also make the rear door more rigid.

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That looks very nice...I'm going to fit my Kaymar carrier first to see if it would interfere with anything.

Is that something you're selling to forum members then? Can you tell me how much you're asking for them?

Thx.

·
Registered
nissan y61
4,788 Posts
That looks very nice...I'm going to fit my Kaymar carrier first to see if it would interfere with anything.

Is that something you're selling to forum members then? Can you tell me how much you're asking for them?

Thx.
I don't normally sell them. It's part of our kit for cruiser and patrol. We sell them to UN and WHO 160 USD. We don't sell outside of Philippines to date as we can not keep up with local demand.

·
Registered
nissan
44 Posts
Ladder Brissie Made

Streaky

I have a ladder that is very much like dbsep's. Mine is not a permanent fitting and can be removed if not needed. Hooks over top of door and clamps to bottom of door.

They are made from Stainless Tube and are avail stainless or black powdercoat.

Cost if I remember correctly was about $299.00

They are made in Brisbane. Purchased it at Xmas so should still be available.

My only feedback is that the door does flex a little when you first pull yourself up onto the ladder. Does not appear to cause any permanent issues but this might be because of the extra height because of lift kit. Used ladder on trip to Cape and found it to be fantastic, made loading roof rack so easy. :D

Will get details and post later tonight. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
nissan
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't normally sell them. It's part of our kit for cruiser and patrol. We sell them to UN and WHO 160 USD. We don't sell outside of Philippines to date as we can not keep up with local demand.
Hi dbsep....last night I read your post via my iPhone in which you were offering to swap a ladder for two new rears lights...but today you've edited/removed it :|
I take it the offer no longer stands? :(

·
Registered
nissan
44 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It seems there quite a few suppliers out there & all have various merits. A few things concern me....
1) I think it best I install my dual Kaymar wheel carrier first so I know how much space is between the wheel and the door. I may end up having a 'half' ladder if it interferes with the carrier.
2) A few of the guys have mentioned how much the door flex's when weight is put of the ladder. Just how much flex are we talking about? My Land Rover Discovery had a ladder on the rear door and I never experienced such issue.

Thanks for the pointers so far.

·
Registered
nissan y61
4,788 Posts
Hi dbsep....last night I read your post via my iPhone in which you were offering to swap a ladder for two new rears lights...but today you've edited/removed it :|
I take it the offer no longer stands? :(
I have changed my mind and I tell you why. I like to keep patrol4x4 for pleasure and not to mix the two. The supporting vendors should get first option to try to offer you a first class service and quality product. For me to sell our product to you on p4x4 is not acceptable as general forum user. I hope that's ok with you. If you need any advice or pictures then please do drop me a reply in this thread.

I've posted up a few more pictures so have a look over it to see if it work for you. If you think it will fit once you have your Kay bar fitted then I be more then happy to send you a drawing on how to build one and what metal and materials are required if your still not getting closer to getting a ladder that you like. I also don't think this will work on dual wheel carrier metal bumpers. Its never been tested for that purpose or built with that rear bar type in mind.

Regards, dbsep

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's your choice and your business mate....shame you decided to withdraw the offer after first posting publicly though.
Either way I will have to import one whether it be from Australia, Europe, Africa or where ever.....no one makes them in the UAE and I have found that getting companies to make the first prototype is not cost effective...hence it pays to go with an existing supplier who's done the measuring and made the jig etc.

·
Registered
nissan y61
4,788 Posts
Our ladder will not work on dual wheel carrier. We can not sell it on here unless we are supporting vendor. Sorry about any mix up but this is the best option. There is company in JAFZ do you want there details who can make you one.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts