Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
nissan GU iv 2006
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, Just wandering how good these things are for those who have them fitted. Are they worth the coin??
Last couple of out back trips I have ended up with the lovely fine red dust in the back of the car. I tow a camper trailer which probably doesn't help. Just wandering if I fit one, how effective they are.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
204 Posts
I have put one on the back of my GU and have been very happy with it, driving on dirt roads with less dust build up than before it. That is towing a camp trailer or offroad boat/trailer also.

Reactions: petefire427

·
Registered
nissan patrol
547 Posts
My girl had one on it when I purchased it. Cant comment on how much dust it stops, but I have "a little" bit on the barn doors traveling the back roads to the property.

I thought of taking it off too in the early stages, but its grown on me and actually makes the rear end cosmetically look better in my opinion.

How much coin are they worth?

·
Registered
nissan GU iv 2006
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers boys, I have pm nizzbits, Ill let you you know what its worth

·
Registered
nissan patrol
547 Posts
Hmmm seem cheap enough. Your right bud at night and shade it a dark colour. In sunlight mine is orangey tinge that's see through.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
43 Posts
I have one and dubious on how well they work. Maybe they do, Maybe they don't. Either way I think they look good too. BUT I am 99%(happy to be corrected) sure they do nothing when a roof rack is fitted which is what I do just before going camping out on the dirt tracks.

·
Registered
nissan GU iv 2006
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks all for your replys, I do have a roof basket aswell but for the price i'm willing to give it a go $120 delivered from Gary(nizzbits). $10 bucks more but happy to support the vendors on the forum.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Do they still sag and hit on the rear door when opening? I would like to get just one for my current patrol but the last one kept rubbing on the doors when I opened then which I found annoying

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,220 Posts
I had one, broke it off, it made **** all difference. The only reason dust doesn't settle as much in some conditions is because the deflector deflects air down onto the doors blowing some dust off. Get some moisture in there and it makes it worse unless there is rain when it will wash the dirt off.

Not worth it unless you're going for the cosmetic look, then still not worth it IMO

·
Registered
9,518 Posts
Might be just the thing to stop the rain dripping off my roof rack straight into the back door when open.

Can any one who has one of these, tell me how high it is above the roof in the back middle ( I have an extremely low fit rack).

·
Currently in PAD rehab
18,407 Posts
I had one but it sagged in the middle then I smashed it a bit when I put something on the roof rack then the rest went when I opened my rooftop tent one day.

I've still got the a scratches on the back of the car too.

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,220 Posts
Might be just the thing to stop the rain dripping off my roof rack straight into the back door when open.

Can any one who has one of these, tell me how high it is above the roof in the back middle ( I have an extremely low fit rack).

It has two large holes in it and it does not stop rain drops entering the rear doors.

·
Registered
nissan
233 Posts
I have got one still fitted but I have to agree with heyhey's sentiment.

Tom

·
Registered
nissan GU iv 2006
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Ive got TJM rack and just made sure it was 2" or so foward of rear doors when i fitted it. But rain still tracks to the sides and drips in both cornners.I just have a cheapo blue tarp1.8mx2.0m. I just tie it to the rack and use ocky strap to secure over the open rear barn doors, provides a little shelter if packing in the rain etc. I will get a rear awning eventually but because of side ARB awning on one side of rack and pvc water pipe on the other need one thats no bigger then 1.2m.(tarp works well is cheap)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts