Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Monday I got the 'troll waxed and detailed after a nice holiday in the rainforest... on my way to work on Tuesday i was rear ended by a retired truck driver in an old Navara. :rolleyes:

Bit of a shunt, lots of noise and tinkling of broken glass.

Ah well, his car was focked. Mine has slight damage and will be fixed next week... :D

All hail the rear of the patrol!!!

Thinking of getting the ARB steel rear bar. Whatchas reckon?

·
Registered
nissan
776 Posts
Wow, after getting detailed.. that is tragic..

Rear bar for sure.

·
Registered
nissan
161 Posts
I had an elderly lady reverse into me at the shopping centre in an astra........ the rear bar had a scratch and her rear quarter would prolly have needed renewing :)

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Honestly dont get a steel rear bar unless you need one.

They are heavy as ****, and chances are you will need to upgrade your rear suspension.

Theres better things to spend 3000 on.

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,022 Posts
Pretty good point there Bird...

I rear-ended one of those Mercedes A-classes once - middle-aged lady driver moved off at a green light, so did I, then she suddenly stopped! Turns out she was new to the automatic and had slammed on the brakes thinking she was pushing the clutch in... I was in our Territory, which needed a new front bar but only because the plastic was cracked - stand back twenty feet and you wouldn't know it had been in a prang.

The A-class was a write-off!!! Thank [email protected]#$ for insurance!!!

·
Registered
nissan
2,003 Posts
On Monday I got the 'troll waxed and detailed after a nice holiday in the rainforest... on my way to work on Tuesday i was rear ended by a retired truck driver in an old Navara. :rolleyes:
Bummer man... that Navara must be the only vehicle in Australia that can't out brake a Patrol.

Gotta agree with Truckster, I had a steel rear bar high on the wish list for a while but my truck has so much extra stuff on it I reckon the tyres would explode if I added one now

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Sorry to hear that Mic but glad it's not too much to fix up!

I guess it was a bit of karma though as you really aren't supposed to get 4WD's detailed, did you have a latte while you where waiting? ;)

Seriously though, I hope it gets fixed up soon.

·
Registered
nissan
645 Posts
I guess it was a bit of karma though as you really aren't supposed to get 4WD's detailed, did you have a latte while you where waiting? ;)
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

That's gold.

I was looking at doing a custom rear when I get a welder.

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry to hear that Mic but glad it's not too much to fix up!

Seriously though, I hope it gets fixed up soon.

Hahahah! I actually did hava latte whislt waiting:oops: !!!!Missus and i were shopping.:hmm:

I only paid someone to do it because it was covered in tree sap from the weekend, and it was due for a wax (I like my paint not peeling ;)). Seeings i can claim it as a tax deduction why not?

Truckster - good point. But the price is way off. The arb unit is $2000 - i would only have to pay $800 - $1000 IF the tow bar AND bumper are had it... otherwise i'd not bother. But the weight issue is a good point. Prolly won't bother. The standard unit fared well.

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,022 Posts
I got a GU IV rear bar off ebay complete with lights and one tiny scratch for $130 delivered, it was even my body colour (have really knocked mine around at Glasshouse). Might be worth a look rather than paying an excess?

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I got a GU IV rear bar off ebay complete with lights and one tiny scratch for $130 delivered, it was even my body colour (have really knocked mine around at Glasshouse). Might be worth a look rather than paying an excess?
Good idea. I'll look into that later. Not paying excess though. Not my fault. I don't even know how much it's going to cost, such is the way insurance repair jobs wrk these days!

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Mic said:
Truckster - good point. But the price is way off. The arb unit is $2000
Honestly dont get a steel rear bar unless you need one.

They are heavy as ****, and chances are you will need to upgrade your rear suspension.

Theres better things to spend 800-1000-2000 on.

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nice one truckster! you had me scrolling up and down thinking WTF - hasn't he said the same thing already! Haha!

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Update...

GRRRR!!!! now my tail light fuses keep blowing!!! Note to self - tell smash repairers to check thsi out when fixing it friday...

·
mechanical necromancer
1,682 Posts
the ARB bar is ok but.... the Kaymar is better and there are some tube bars out there with wheel carriers out there that are pretty good too like the cheezy bar.

Truckster has a point though they weigh lots 40/60ks

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Got the patrol back on friday. The bar is painted BUT...

The texture is wrong. It's glossy, not textured like the flares and bront bumper. Also there are runs in the clear coat and a buckle in the tailgate hasn't been identified and repaired!!!

Very angry! Will be talking to the assessor tomorrow and demanding a new bumper (along with the tailgate repaird) as i'd already expressed concern over repairing a textured bumper such as the patrol's.

·
Weekend Warrior
Nissan patrol
10,353 Posts
Dude, go absolutely mental, I am not joking one bit, that is ****ing shoddy.

Get some pics, we will have a forum vote, then you can print it out and show your assessor! Teh powa of teh peepewl!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts