Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.
Spent the last 2 days under the trol doing the body bushes.....fairly straight forward as long as plenty of wd40 is involved.....anyhooo while under there I noticed that my rear lower control arms are a bit rusty and the bushings are shagged out. What's the consensus of the learned gentleman of the board. Do I just replace the bushings or replace the whole rod. No idea what the wall thickness is like on the steel from new. Just don't want to replace the bushings only to find 2 weeks later the rods crumble. Cheers guys.

·
GHMBC #3
nissan patrol gq lwb,3"lift.
3,788 Posts
they are 2.5 mm or so standard.you can cut them 100mm from bush eye and sleeve over the top with hollow bar.here in oz we can get mecavel hollow bar that fits tightly over existing arm with a 10mm wall-costs $85au to do both lower arms.

·
Registered
nissan
1,671 Posts
For the amount of stuffing around to resleeve them then fit new bushes you might as well just buy a set of heavy duty ones. From memory mine were $225 to my door (10mm longer too).

·
Registered
9,513 Posts
Yep the standard lower arms are weak. I bent one just slightly creased it on a rock. It snapped in half just as I was reversing back up my driveway, luckilly not on the road at speed.

Was cheaper to replace the whole arms with stronger ones.

·
Registered
nissan
2,406 Posts
If you can get some GU arms for the right price that's another option. Much stronger than the weak GQ arms.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts