Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it was being talked about in a thread the other week, spin the leaves around which will move the diff rearward and increase wheel travel as it moves the wheel closer to the shackle. im just wondering to anyone who has done it or thought about it, what do you do with the shock absorbers and does the fuel tank get in the way?

·
Registered
nissan mk
970 Posts
Measured mine when I fitted new springs (2"EFS)
Distance from centre bolt to front anchor bolt was 24", from centre bolt to rear eye with shackle hanging straight down was 36".
So if reversed it would move the diff back 12", this would mean the quarter would need a chop and the tailshaft replaced. (only had 4" adjustment left on the splines.)
I think the standard tank would be OK but of course brake lines etc may also need redoing.
I suppose someone will bite the bullet!
ps Shocks will need to be re-mounted. Maybe spin the bottom plate around and make the left one right etc. (shocks in front of axle instead of behind )

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I'm going to do this next year. Mine is SOA so the fuel tank is no problem. I'm going to re-locate the bump stops to. The shocks are going to be custom mounted.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
This mod gives us the magical 100 inch wheelbase:

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Yeah I know, it's rusted real bad......:cool:

Going to try it with this old body first, if it works fine Ill cut up my new body.

·
Registered
nissan patrol mk
28 Posts
if you reverse your rear leafs you will have to lift your fuel tank. I destroyed my fuel tank first time out in it

·
Registered
nissan
154 Posts
If it's about obtaining the "magic"100 inch wheelbase save the trouble and just buy a G60/L60:iconbana:

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
If it's about obtaining the "magic"100 inch wheelbase save the trouble and just buy a G60/L60:iconbana:
No thanks! 160's look and drive way better!:iconbana:

The fueltank is no problem for me, I've got SPOA. Measured it al last week.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts