Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1996 td42 turbo GQ Wagon
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I just brought home a td42 turbo Gq wagon for my first car and it doesn’t have a rear sway bar. I’m sure this has been covered before but I couldn’t find too much on the topic.
Will I have any problems with running no sway bars? How much more flex does it actually give you? I have a 2 inch lift and 33’s but the rear has sagged a bit. I have some 3” dobbinsons springs to put in after the roadworthy is done. Cheers guys

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq 1988
94 Posts
No problem not running them. But it may not pass a rwc without them fitted

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

·
Registered
nissan
83 Posts
Maybe if you are doing extreme 4wding it might be worth not running sway bars.

Mine had disconnected (stripped thread) rear sway bar when bought it. Fixed it and it drives much better on the road. Have factory disconnectable rear swaybar, but never really needed it offroad.

So i would vote for putting it back on. If you go extreme offroading often, then there are options to get easily disconnectable types.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
nissan
1,778 Posts
If you fit 3" springs there will be other mods needed as well unless you already know that.

·
Registered
1996 td42 turbo GQ Wagon
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had thought that but the guy I bought it off said they would go straight in

·
Registered
nissan
419 Posts
Will need sway bars in VIC front and rear. Hit me up I part them if you need one or both.

Reactions: Tas.p

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol Y60
108 Posts
i also bought my gq without both sway bars :D i bought them and put on the car. I have 2 inch lift so I welded 2 inch pipe to all 4 links. Im using my car mostly on the black so there is big difference.

·
Registered
1996 td42 turbo GQ Wagon
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i also bought my gq without both sway bars :D i bought them and put on the car. I have 2 inch lift so I welded 2 inch pipe to all 4 links. Im using my car mostly on the black so there is big difference.

Looks good mate

·
Registered
Nissan
2 Posts
The Patrols front are quite stiff due to the radius arm design. A rear sway bar will help force the front to flex more so a rear sway bar is not necessarily a bad thing for flex.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
47,469 Posts
The Patrols front are quite stiff due to the radius arm design. A rear sway bar will help force the front to flex more so a rear sway bar is not necessarily a bad thing for flex.
Very true, out on the highway a front swaybar helps the rear and vice versa, they don't just control the end they are attached to.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts