Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

81 - 100 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Here it is on my pump.

That bit of thread and nut at the top rear is an adjuster for the arm. The round boss below that is where the nipple is for the idle up hose. See how the hook sits around the front of the throttle mechanism with that leg hanging down.
Thanks mate will be checking this out tomorrow. Very grateful for your photo as well.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Than
The hoses are vacuum hoses. The canister of course is the vacuum canister for the brakes and clutch. So hose comes from that into the actuator which is the thing on the firewall and the other hose should go to the air con idle valve on the side of the injector pump. It is pretty obvious there on the side. Has a big white rear end body and has a hooked arm coming out the front. When actuated the vacuum pulls on the hook which pulls back on the throttle arm which has a leg hanging down the side. Hose goes into the back end of the white body you will see/feel a small moulded in nipple.
Thanks and good to know. Dont want extra power from bolts and nuts. Would like more Boost but do it the right way and keep the engine for as long as possible. Mods are costing heaps. Almost stock a few weeks ago and have committed nearly 10k. Will be looking for Intercooler next then update turbo down the track. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says W
nissan
13,856 Posts
Dont really care about the local cyclists as the don't care for me. Never heard of a fabric paint and will investigate. Thanks.

Fester have taken photo of that side and dont think anything has been plugged. You seem to know alot about these engines so have a question for you. Two small hoses above the window wiper motor, one goes to the canister on the passenger side and the other goes to the drivers side, but where?
Was joking about exhaust cause it stuck out so far it would knock cyclists off their bikes..
Supercheap or autobarn sell VHT fabric paint.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Was joking about exhaust cause it stuck out so far it would knock cyclists off their bikes..
Supercheap or autobarn sell VHT fabric paint.
I thought you might of meant the noise and did also take it as a joke. Once the tray and Cab on shouldnt be that bad. Will checkout the fabric paint thou. Thanks.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Here it is on my pump.

That bit of thread and nut at the top rear is an adjuster for the arm. The round boss below that is where the nipple is for the idle up hose. See how the hook sits around the front of the throttle mechanism with that leg hanging down.
You are spot on about the hose. As soon as i turn on the AC the hose starts sucking. Cant find the nipple that it connects to thou. They all seem full. Looking at your pic are you saying that it should be on the white housing down the very bottom there?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Waiting on parts, so thought i might as well finish installing trailer plug and brake system. Also cut down the canopy. Nearly ready for welding. Doesn't look as bulky anymore.

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
You are spot on about the hose. As soon as i turn on the AC the hose starts sucking. Cant find the nipple that it connects to thou. They all seem full. Looking at your pic are you saying that it should be on the white housing down the very bottom there?
Yes that’s correct. Bottom of the 2 protrusions on the back of that white part of the valve. It’s a nipple with a collar around it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Busy week comming up. Most mods are in but waiting on TJM for supension. Cant believe their service, not good. Made me drive to their store to pay as they couldn't take payment over the phone ? Insinuating that they were in stock and once i paid they check and they weren't in stock. Should be mid next week. Waiting nearly two weeks and all items which they say are in stock in Brisbane. I Should get tomorrow. Ordered airbags from Boss and other items like top coil plate strengthener from Superior Engineering which are also from that way and have only been a couple of days. WtF TJM!. Need Supension so i can then fit top plate, Then Air bags. Then i can drive car get a few little dints out for sign writing. Can then put tray on for respray and fit canopy. Not like their supension is that special and could of got similar anywhere, but could of been honest with me so i could of planed better and not screw other people over. Would of gone elsewhere. Photos of some mods ready to install.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
It's coming together nicely.
10K in a few weeks #respect
Thanks Marko, Very easy to spend when you add up can get to 20 k real easy. But dont want to wait 10 years to build. Lucky this is not my daily. Also not my first 4wd. Using the funds from my last to build this one. Only thing is the sale of my JK only covers the mods and not the purchase of the vehicle. I also look at it from another point of view and that is if i brought a new ute such as Hilux, Dmax, Navara, Ranger or any other i would be starting around 50k. I then have to build it up to 4wd ready. At least 15k. I hope to top out at 45k completey rebuilt and will be far superior to any of the above. I love the motor to work on and knew little about them but this site has helped out heaps. Thanks to everyone for their advise and input for this build. Only 1/2 way ATM. Supension arrived today and managed to get one side of the rear in. Have to bolt down Superior Engineering Plate in as i go. Photos soon. Looking at Intercooler and Then Turbo replacement in the near future. Would like advice if anyone has some input here would be much appreciated.

·
nissan
13,856 Posts
Here is my HPD High flow..looks factory and no need to change bonnet to fit as it sits in factory position.

·
nissan
13,856 Posts
And if you are after a bit more air have a look at Mr bodykits on eBay..
They arrive black but are a breeze to paint..Here's mine.

·
nissan
13,856 Posts
Polar white from memmory with a couple of clear coats over the top..Oh.. Dont forget to prime it first.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
Looms, Wires, Air Hoses and Buttons. Rear suspension in minis the Air bags. The air bags weren't high enough as per the website. Only two inch lift but ute must need more. Boss very good and mailed out straight away and should get Monday to suit 3 inch lift. Couldn't find a place to fit Airbag panel as a hole so had to impervise. Gauge in one place and Buttons tp control in another. Need to make new panel to suit gauge. Tried to cut it to suit but just didn't work. Rear suspension in, Compresser in, Air tank in and Superior coil bracket in. Will send more photos shortly.

·
Registered
CRD Wagon
849 Posts
Thanks Marko, Very easy to spend when you add up can get to 20 k real easy. But dont want to wait 10 years to build. Lucky this is not my daily. Also not my first 4wd. Using the funds from my last to build this one. Only thing is the sale of my JK only covers the mods and not the purchase of the vehicle. I also look at it from another point of view and that is if i brought a new ute such as Hilux, Dmax, Navara, Ranger or any other i would be starting around 50k. I then have to build it up to 4wd ready. At least 15k. I hope to top out at 45k completey rebuilt and will be far superior to any of the above. I love the motor to work on and knew little about them but this site has helped out heaps. Thanks to everyone for their advise and input for this build. Only 1/2 way ATM. Supension arrived today and managed to get one side of the rear in. Have to bolt down Superior Engineering Plate in as i go. Photos soon. Looking at Intercooler and Then Turbo replacement in the near future. Would like advice if anyone has some input here would be much appreciated.
Front mount for sure.

Plenty of reading on the subject here on Patrol4x4, unfortunately I cant seem to find it to provide you with a link.

The bolt on top mount kits are relatively easy to install, and I have a very nice one. But compared with front mount I feel I wasted a lot of money and now have a cut bonnet.

Edit: Found it

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
Front mount for sure.

Plenty of reading on the subject here on Patrol4x4, unfortunately I cant seem to find it to provide you with a link.

The bolt on top mount kits are relatively easy to install, and I have a very nice one. But compared with front mount I feel I wasted a lot of money and now have a cut bonnet.

Edit: Found it

Front mount. Was keeping away from it but now you have me looking at another option. Going to do a lot of research On this upgrade as it is costly and only want to do once. Patrol is nearly done and will wait a few months to get this part right. Thanks.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
Few more photos. Front supension in tonight. Only two inch lift but lifted the front 105 mm. Old supension must of been sagging abit with Bullbar and winch. Nearly Finished. Snorkel and Stereo next.

Before.

After.

Compresser mounted behind passenger seat.
Airbag lines, guage and in cab control. In cab control adds a lot more work, but once in, i think well worth it.

Looks a bit messy inside but will cleanup.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
Tray back on just so i can get TJM to install the front locker then back off for respray. Wondering if height of tray is normal ? Maybe had lifted, but then the spare only just fits under it.

81 - 100 of 115 Posts