Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

101 - 114 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Had air bags in for a short while but bottom bracket rubs on shocker. Also the switch wasn't shutting of untill i pulled it apart and cleaned it out. Must of got some **** in it while i was running the lines. Will use spacer on shocker and see what happens.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
Gets worse before it gets better. Most mods in. Some of the internal wiring and more in the engine and tray. Can start to put back together.

·
Registered
GQ Dual Cab. TD42Ti with fruit.
4,328 Posts
I would do yourself a favour with that compressor, if you can. Mount it on rubber blocks, like shocky rubbers or similar. I have one, and it is loud, and vibrates a lot! Rubber mounts will calm it down a bit.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
I would do yourself a favour with that compressor, if you can. Mount it on rubber blocks, like shocky rubbers or similar. I have one, and it is loud, and vibrates a lot! Rubber mounts will calm it down a bit.
Thanks. If you zoom in you can just see the rubbers under the mounts. More so to stop the fittings from comming loose. It not that loud but only time it will be running while i am driving is to top up tank and front diff lockers. Short brust only. Rest of the time i be out of the car pumping up tyres or running airtools.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Light at the end of the tunnel. Putting it back together. Bit more wiring, Airbags to go on (All wiring and airlines installed though), Connect airline to front diff locker (Again all wiring and lines installed) Vacuum and steam clean before trims go on. New aerial to go in, Tray to be painted, second glove box to be finished and a few bits to go over and i can give it a test drive. Looking forward to see how it goes on the tracks. Only had for a couple of weeks before i took it of the road. Didn't even take it 4wding prior. Maybe should of.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
Bit of movement in the last few days. Know have the air bags fully intalled. As mentioned i brought the Boss Airbags which came as a kit and expected to fit like a glove. Had a few dramas with that thou. Passenger side bracket hit the shocker and would of destroy it in no time. Cut around bracket to be able to install but when i pumped air into them the shocker moved closer and had the same problem. Also if i was to go over any think this would have cause the same problem. Ended up cutting part of the bracket that hung over and re drilling new hole to fix. Drivers side was another drama as it was touching the spring. Ended up cutting the top bracket where the bolts go though to bring it away from the spring. Too much work had been done running all the lines inside and out to give up. So much for kits. Have had similar problem with most of the mods and is dragging this re build out. But getting there and can't wait to get on the road.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
Bit of movement in the last few days. Know have the air bags fully intalled. As mentioned i brought the Boss Airbags which came as a kit and expected to fit like a glove. Had a few dramas with that thou. Passenger side bracket hit the shocker and would of destroy it in no time. Cut around bracket to be able to install but when i pumped air into them the shocker moved closer and had the same problem. Also if i was to go over any think this would have cause the same problem. Ended up cutting part of the bracket that hung over and re drilling new hole to fix. Drivers side was another drama as it was touching the spring. Ended up cutting the top bracket where the bolts go though to bring it away from the spring. Too much work had been done running all the lines inside and out to give up. So much for kits. Have had similar problem with most of the mods and is dragging this re build out. But getting there and can't wait to get on the road.
Forgot the photos.

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
This was never on the list but once seeing some of you guys doing it i thought it made sence and would be a good spot for my new fuse box. Takes longer then i thought. Still need to build fuse box and opening plus carpet and the work out how best to hinge. But few photos so far.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
This was never on the list but once seeing some of you guys doing it i thought it made sence and would be a good spot for my new fuse box. Takes longer then i thought. Still need to build fuse box and opening plus carpet and the work out how best to hinge. But few photos so far. View attachment 517709 View attachment 517700 View attachment 517701 View attachment 517702 View attachment 517703 View attachment 517704 View attachment 517705 View attachment 517706 View attachment 517707 View attachment 517708

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
22,375 Posts
101 - 114 of 114 Posts