Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
TD42 The God Of All Engines
nissan
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i got a gq thats riddled with rust but the rest of it is tidy as just wondering how to go about recabbing it legally as i want to daily it does anyoner know what is involved with qld transport and if i need to do anything else

·
Registered
nissan
455 Posts
it shouldn't be to difficult just make sure the new cab you buy you have all the info and receipts from the purchase and once you do the swap go to the dot which you may need to go over the pits, once all cleared the body numbers will be logged and you get new rego sticker/papers.

·
Registered
nissan
98 Posts
Easy mate, I did a Hilux dual cab in a day start to finish. Only problem is you need a block and tackle that will get the shell high enough to not have to remove the motor or 6+ blokes to help you lift it on, Stripped down as far as possible so kill the weight. Took 4 to lift the dual cab and it was a bitch and a half. Not hard to change it over with the rego when done as Tower Said. Good luck mate

·
nissan
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
got onto a ute cab but has no tags its not stolen is it possible to get around this at all or should i look for new set of tags

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,690 Posts
A wagon rebody is different to a wagon to ute cab swap conversion
Wouldnt be asking to many questions on a public forum regarding tag removal or tag swapping or the like,its very very frowned upon
Its classed as a rebirth wether anyone thinks it legal or not
Taking tags is actually classed as illegal,swapping amongst bodies is illegal
Maybe best for assistance from anyone via PM

nissan patrol y60
433 Posts
best thing to do is speak to ur engineer as he will have to blue plate and he will let u know if that cab can be used

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
284 Posts
swap the body id plates over after you've done it and tell vic roads you painted it whatever colour the new cab is hahaha

·
nissan
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks guys not real keen on swapping tags anyway so i have steered right away from it and i aint telling vic roads anything im not goin down there for that

1 - 8 of 8 Posts