Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys just a quick question for u guys um i have a gu ute with a coil leaf suspenion which i am lookn at liftn 2 a 4in lift and i would like 2 run 35 mtzs on it and with the old girl not havin a turbo motor 2 help push her along wat would be the recomended diff ratio and is there any thing else u guys recomend looking into or changing wen lifting it and using the bigger tyres etc cheers guys

·
Registered
nissan patrol
449 Posts
What diff ratio do you have in there already? Also learn to write properly, abbreviations are so annoying.

·
Registered
nissan GU iv 2006
1,717 Posts
4.6's

·
Registered
174 Posts
what diff ratio do you have in there already? also learn to write properly abbreviations are so annoying
:iconbana:
So when someone writes IMHO which is quite common on a public forum or a myriad of other abbreviations that are used, this annoys you ! Do you really have nothing else to whinge about other than how someone writes their post of which I had no problem reading. :crazy:

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok cheers guys and my apologies for some of my spelling its just i am using my internet on my mobile so it is kind of a little habit so i am sorry

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok so 4.6 will work ok thanks is there any thing else that i would need to look at doing such as upgrading the axles or the cv joints due to i have had some people told me 2 look in to that as well but i figured if i changed the ratios that should releif some of the strain from the system. Cheers guys

·
Registered
nissan GU iv 2006
1,717 Posts
ok so 4.6 will work ok thanks is there any thing else that i would need to look at doing such as upgrading the axles or the cv joints due to i have had some people told me 2 look in to that as well but i figured if i changed the ratios that should releif some of the strain from the system. Cheers guys
Not really mate, just get the new crown wheel and pinion put in (front and back);)

·
Previously known as twodiffs
1991 GQ Safari.
3,684 Posts
What hasn't been referred to here is the amount of people who had 4.6's fitted with their 35's and found the highway gearing too much, to the point where they dropped the gearing to 4.3's, so IMO it would pay to do a bit more searching based on your on road / off road expectations.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok at the monemt i am mainly doing on road driving due 2 i need a new center for my front diff but after that every weekend and myself and a mate a going on a 4wd trip next year so yeah but i wil have a look into some more info cheers guys

·
Read Only
0 Posts
gday mate,

i would do the lift and get the tyres. see how the ute go's with the 35's on.. and then go from there with the diff swap if you want to.

with mine ute the speedo is pretty much spot on with 33's (285/75/16) and the factory 4.3's so with 35's you will get slightly lower revs for highway travelling..

cheers

kyle

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ok cheers kyle the lower revs would be good coz at 110 the old girl is sitting at about 2800rpm which is a bit high for 5th gear if you ask me but that might just be a non turbo patrol thing

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yeah i am going with the stage 1 superior engeering kit and build it up 2 ther stage 6 kit ova time. How does yours look with the 33s and a 4in lift cheers mate

·
Registered
nissan
1,093 Posts
My GU ute had 4.11's

With 35's I'm running 4.3's and glad I didn't fit 4.6's and get used in the high country where I live, but then mine is turboed.

Also 4.3's can be so much cheaper to source as they were fitted standard in some models.

·
Registered
279 Posts
If you want to bring the ratio back to factory standard. Use the following formula.

New tyre diameter (in inch or mm) x Factory Ratio (written on compliance plate) / Factory Tyre Diameter (in inch or mm).

For example GU 4.8 auto with 3.54 ratio and factory 31" tyre want to go 35" tyre, the ideal ration would be 3.99, so you have a choice of 3.9 or 4.11. Get your pick depends on your driving habbit and other conditions like engine type and transmission...etc.

4.6 IS NOT AN ANSWNER for all. For most engine type 4.8 or 4.2TD, 4.375 ratio is very ok unless you are ZD30 with Auto or manual (no so), then 4.6 would be ok.

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol Y-61
943 Posts
tell me or give a link where you can order a pair of 4.875
I first thought to put myself 4.625, but now I think it will be a little
Now I drive 4.3 and the engine is bad draws, there are 35 wheels

1 - 20 of 21 Posts