Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the last 2 weeks I have gotten my '89 silvertop td42 turbo'd with the following setup:

• Factory 10mm pump
  • 4" stainless snorkel & massive airbox running AEM Dry pod filter
  • Performance 4x4 16G TD05
  • 3" dump & exhaust with muffler
  • PWR 600x300x68mm FMIC
  • Pump almost maxed running 15psi
  • Redarc G52-BET gauge - Boost, EGT and water temp.
The setup runs very well and is obviously setup to run a little larger pump when the 10mm craps itself. My problems lies with the redarc gauge, the boost works very responsively and water temp still needs to be hooked up however the EGTs are not registering at all on the gauge.
The gauge starts at 300deg and I have checked all the plugs etc and everything is hooked up correctly.

Could it be possible that with the big cooler the EGTs aren’t going above 300deg at all? I have given it a good run changing gears at 3grand and putting my foot down and nothing has come up on the gauge at all. But I still don’t want to flog it's guts out completely without knowing 100% that the EGT gauge is working in case they are getting high without me knowing.[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

·
Registered
nissan
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you got the egg probe wires connected correctly to the black box. This will stop it working

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Yes mate I have checked it repeatedly to make sure it's all hooked up correctly.
Is there such thing as too low an EGT? I need to make sure so long as its working and under 300deg I'm safe.

·
Registered
nissan
31 Posts
Where is your sensor probe mounted? If it's after turbo in the dump pipe, chances may very we'll be not reading high enough, although mine is a td6.5 it won't go over about 250-275 on highway, my sensor is about 2 inches after turbo, in needs a decent hill to get her over 300, I have an autometer o-900 degree analog gauge , very responsive to temp change, can see it rising as soon as it fires up

·
Registered
Nissan patrol gq
1,769 Posts
I don't think there's such thing as too low ...however you won't get the most out of it obviously .

It is possible your pump is knackered and with the better turbo, cooler etc causing low Egts...

If you pull the probe and put a flame too it you should be able to see it move at least

·
Registered
nissan
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't think there's such thing as too low ...however you won't get the most out of it obviously .

It is possible your pump is knackered and with the better turbo, cooler etc causing low Egts...

If you pull the probe and put a flame too it you should be able to see it move at least

I was considering the condition of the pump also but the guys who installed the fun bits for me said the pump is still in great condition, said there were no flat spots showed on the dyno when i asked about installing a lift pump.
I'll be getting a jet lighter on the probe tonight to see if it registers. If so then hopefully happy days. There is barely any lag with the spool starting at around 1200 rpm and hitting the full 15psi by just under 2000.

·
Registered
nissan
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Haha thanks for the input anyway Oldmate! Gents turns out shes working nicely I held a jet lighter over the sensor and it registered heat on the gauge, shes just running nice EGTs below 300! :) Time to max the pump well and truly out.

·
Registered
Nissan
2,992 Posts
Get onto a highway and put in in 4th or 5th then hold it flat up to speed. Egt goes up on torque so that should get it climbing

·
Registered
nissan
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yep all good its working alright. Barely ever hits 400 and thats when i kick it hard in 5th on a hill. I might add a little more fuel and see if it responds better and earlier in the rev range for boost.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts