Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
little back story; after my 70L fridge completely drained my second battery just 2 days later (second battery recharged and fridge not attached) I lost my lights, Parker’s, interior lights, possibly CD player all at once. (As well as no lights on the dash indicating lights are on) but blinkers fine, glow lights park brake etc. I figured blown fuse but No visible fuses had been blown so I’m struggling to identify the problem. I’ve got a volt meter handy just don’t know where to stick this thing😂 Reading on here it could be a relay issue? Any hints would be great 👍

·
Registered
1998 Nissan Patrol Wagon RD28ETi
441 Posts

·
Premium Member
Y62
2,628 Posts
From memory the MQs have wire fusible links. This is just like a fuse but it's a wire that burns/blows instead. The insulation on the outside of the wire doesn't burn just the wire inside.

At the positive terminal of the battery check if there is some smaller coloured wires that go into a connector about an inch an a half away from the battery terminal. The wire colours are normal green, black and I think blue.

With your voltmeter check if you have power in these wires on the other side of the connector

·
Registered
1998 Nissan Patrol Wagon RD28ETi
441 Posts
From memory the MQs have wire fusible links. This is just like a fuse but it's a wire that burns/blows instead. The insulation on the outside of the wire doesn't burn just the wire inside.

At the positive terminal of the battery check if there is some smaller coloured wires that go into a connector about an inch an a half away from the battery terminal. The wire colours are normal green, black and I think blue.

With your voltmeter check if you have power in these wires on the other side of the connector
I was thinking of a GQ not the MQ.

·
Registered
Datsun Patrol MQ 1982 RB25DE NEO
921 Posts
Check all the earth connections

1 - 5 of 5 Posts