Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just have to say how reliable the patrol has been since i've owned it 7 1/2 years from new.

Besides every ten k service i've had to replace 1 nut on the sway bar and at 152 k now it started leaking out the exhaust manifold requiring a new gasket and removal of a snapped stud, that came to 500 bucks so at the end of the day i couldnt be happier!

Am i the only having a good run? Or has someone else had a better run from a new car?!

Cheers
Wayne

·
Registered
74 Posts
My late 2001 Patrol is going strong (200,000km), change oil and filter every 5000km and service as per the manual. Have only replaced parts through normal wear and tear and 5th gear, engine is good.

·
Registered
nissan gu3 2001
349 Posts
mine has done 250k. Only replaced the front crank seal and belt tensioner, a/c bearing and clutch, so i have had a pretty good run so far (touching wood)

·
Registered
nissan
102 Posts
ive got 230000ks on a 2001 gu ute.owned it for 2 years and have put 100000ks on it. but it was in the mines before i got it then it was used as a beach fishing car. never had a problem it just keeps going and i flog the guts out of it everytime i go bush wich is at least once a week.

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu
31 Posts
I had a shorty maverick years ago. No problems at all. Have a 2001 GUIII 3.0zd for 4 years no problems either. I was a
Landrover mechanic for 10 years. Everytime I do a major service on patrol I spend more time looking
For things wrong with it than the service takes. Never anything wrong. Just that Landies break and leak **** everywhere. They used to say the oil leaks were so u never got
Lost in the bush and cud track your way home by the oil trail. Lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts