Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening all, second time posting so hope im doing this right.
I have a 2010 gu patrol with rear air con and have spent the last 2 hours desperately tryong to relocate the rear aircon switch to match the setup pictured.
Subtank is no issue theres plenty left on the loom however the rear aircon switch loom meets with the HVAC loom and then into the main dash loom and there is absolutely bugger all play.
There has to be a way to do this as iv seen it done many times.
Any tricks, tips or even the direction of a patch loom would be fantastic.
Thank you.
20200501_194100.jpg

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Can’t help. But I want mine there two. But have my locker switches there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unless someone can point us in the right direction don't bother.
This 1 switch has stuffed all my plans.

·
Registered
'14 Y61 ZD30 CRD M/T ST
2,011 Posts
I have my lower dash apart at the moment so I had a quick look. The problem with a lot of the Nissan switchgear is that there is no mating connector available for the one that plugs into the back of the switch. The mating part is moulded into the switch itself, so it makes it near impossible to make up an extension harness using the OE connector.

What I can tell you is that the connector on the harness is made by a company called YAZAKI. There are some markings on my connector but they are difficult to make out. Maybe take a magnifying glass and check if yours is any better. Looks something like 76B2-15, but I googled this and came up empty.

You can try to find a supplier that can source YAZAKI connectors and see if you can get a mating part (if it exists) but your next problem will be that you'd be required to buy hundreds if not thousands of these. They hardly ever sell ones and twos.

I hate splicing into OE wiring and I've spent a huge amount of time and effort over the years researching connectors. I'd put money on the fact that the vehicle in your photo had it's harness cut and lengthened.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Unless someone can point us in the right direction don't bother.
This 1 switch has stuffed all my plans.
What’s the plugs on the back look like?

As it wouldn’t have many wires into it. Maybe cut and extend the wires.
If it was a GQ. I would have already don’t it. Still scared to cut up my GU.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
View attachment 519004

8-way connector with 7 wires going into it. The pins in the background is actually the back of the switch.
Nissan really do sux some times.

I spent a lot of time looking at a sellers page for that brand of plugs. When looking for audio control plugs.
Guess I might have to go back browsing.

·
Registered
'14 Y61 ZD30 CRD M/T ST
2,011 Posts
Another (slightly better) option would be to cut the harness and make up an extension with two sets of Deutch plugs. They're a good connector if installed correctly and service parts are readily available.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks to all.
Something have noticed is to two factory plugs are ever te same. If they don't have an extra pin of slightly different size the have a differnt tang on the side.
Starting to think duetch plugs are my best bet... reluctantly.

·
Registered
'14 Y61 ZD30 CRD M/T ST
2,011 Posts
Thanks to all.
Something have noticed is to two factory plugs are ever te same. If they don't have an extra pin of slightly different size the have a differnt tang on the side.
Starting to think duetch plugs are my best bet... reluctantly.
There's a very good reason for that. The Japanese call it Poke Yoke. Basically means foolproof. Stops the guy on the assembly line from plugging the wrong connctor in the wrong hole.

·
Registered
nissan
2 Posts
I'm in the middle of making a Plug'n'Play conversion to to the rocker switch, just like I've done for the sub tank.
Just in the final stages

1 - 11 of 11 Posts