Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
1,588 Posts
Two remotes for GUIV used to chew through batteries very quickly so left them for a year or so.
Read this post , sprayed them with WD40 put a brand new battery in one , tried it didnt work, Took out battery and measured already dropped down to 2.72 volts after 5 mins of trying.
Something not right.
Just to add to story
Cheers

·
Registered
6 Posts
After replacing the battery, the remote was working about 60 %.
I decided, bugger it, - I will try the WD40.
In the short time since, the remote definatley seems to be working better.
I will keep using it over the next couple of weeks, and let you all know how it goes after a longer period.

I think the shortend battery life, may have something to do with continually having to press the remote many times, for longer periods, rather than one short press.

Jeff
Probably a bit late for a reply,
however;
I had issues with my fob.
tried everything and I mean everything.
eventually decided to buy a new genuine fob,
and;
Yippie...
No more problems.

obviously over time the switches fail (you can feel the difference) and they might stick on after being pressed.

·
Registered
nissan
368 Posts
I bought a car with one key and a remote that would work for day if you replaced the batter and then dead again the next. I ended up getting a couple aftermarket flip keys made with remote. so far so good. Work from a fair distance away and they cost about the same as a genuine remote but these have the keys and chip built in too

·
Registered
nissan patrol
320 Posts
just buy one of the aftermarket flip keys that are on the market now. got mine for $150 cut and coded. range is better and the bloody thing works. factory ones suck

·
Registered
1 Posts
I replaced the battery with a CR1632 instead of the original one remote had more distance has lasted much loner than before

21 - 27 of 27 Posts