Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2016 CRD wagon
1,215 Posts
Its definitely been talked about here before but I don't know if anyone has done it already.
I'm keen to see and hear about the outcome.
Which kit did you buy?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
46,906 Posts

·
Registered
GU 2002 DI
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Important question, are you by any chance selling these?
Hi mate, no
My 2002 Di after owning from new has had the oil filter ( male thread unit with filter in it ) stuck in the female unit that sits on the side of the block
And in desperation tried to look for a replacement unit but couldn’t find one new one from Nissan is 8 to 10 weeks away then finally found the kit that I posted but still have an issue if the male housing breaks off and damages the female housing on the motor then I’m back to square one.
So just yesterday I found the female housing with the cooler and the full assembly from the UK and ordered that.
So I think when I go to put the kit in I’ll disassemble the whole cooler off the side of the block then cut the male filter housing off in half chopped inside of the male filter housing out without damaging the female threads internally reinstall to the car then install the new kit so I don’t have this problem again.
Hope that explains everything
Going back to the kit I found a guy in Western Australia that actually makes these

·
Registered
GU 2002 DI
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its definitely been talked about here before but I don't know if anyone has done it already.
Which kit did you buy?

I got a for remote oil filter and cooler kit that bypasses the original oil filter
8923DECA-EC2B-485F-868D-E28C1514695A.png

·
Registered
GU 2002 DI
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Which kit did you buy?

The guy is on face book
He is in WA and very helpful

1 - 10 of 10 Posts