Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
something strange has happened ever since i removed the orgininal ducting and i cant figure it out. its been a few days and i've been running on gas ever since but when i switch back to petrol it just stalls. i've played with the idle screw and that didnt do anything....

it runs great on gas, no problems there. thoughts?

·
BORDERTREK 4X4 & FABRICATION
8,549 Posts
Anything on the intake that was joined to the carby or manifold? Does sound strange though if there wasn't. Usually with a snorkel there's a balance pipe from the gas convertor to the intake but that's for the gas :confused: However it may have been tuned on petrol to suit that as well.

·
Registered
nissan
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nah all the cold start vents werent connected. I'm just thinking if I screwed the idle adjuster all the way in and then backed off when it run would work? When I played with the idle I didn't go in alot in fear it would make ig worse.......

·
Registered
nissan
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
played around with the idle screw some more even upped the throttle adjustment..... im gonna look at the timing and if that doesnt work im booking it in for a gas tune and long awaited tank test. (that way they can fix up this debacle)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts