Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan patrol
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have 2" lift and thinking of taking out swaybar links for bit of extra flex, as we all want extra flex. Do I need to worry about brake/fuel line if I do take them out?

·
Premium Member
nissan
7,037 Posts
I'm guessing that is supposed to say Have 2" lift and ..

Most 2 inch lifts will still run out of shockie travel before there is a problem with brake line length. However, if your lift kit has longer travel shockies than normal it may be an issue.

Cheers,

·
4x4 Addiction
nissan
9,534 Posts
Rear swaybar improves flex

·
Registered
Nissan
90 Posts
Rear swaybar improves flex

How does it do that?

I did a 2" OME lift which was enough to destroy the ball & socket joint at the actuator end of the sway bar on my first back road trip. Tossed the rear swaybar, actuator and cable assembly. I figure if I really miss having the swaybar, I would bite the bullet and get the one from Superior.

·
4x4 Addiction
nissan
9,534 Posts
How does it do that?

I did a 2" OME lift which was enough to destroy the ball & socket joint at the actuator end of the sway bar on my first back road trip.
It forces the frontend to flex more.

I used to have no rear swaybar, now I would never go without it. Better offroad and onroad!

That part you broke can be fitted easily for $15, go to a bearing shop and ask for a M10 hiem joint. Unscrew the old end of and screm on the hiem joint .

Reactions: ChrisN

·
4x4 Addiction
nissan
9,534 Posts
I've not seen any definite evidence though.

In this pic I had no sway bar, look how hard my rear has the flex. For the front too flex.

This was the first pic I took after fitting the rear sway bar.
You can see the rear end isn't loaded up flexing, the front is flexing by itself.
Recognise the spot Overboard? It's Mount Louisa

·
Glasshouse Bogan #2
nissan
1,137 Posts
Front and rear sway bars for me offroad now, I know my sway bars restrict my overall wheels travel by a lot but the increased stability is worth it in my opinion, last time I went offroad I drove big red, little red and other assorted difficult tracks in the glasshouse area and I'd be surprised if someone without sway bars drove those tracks easier than me because of sway bars alone

·
Glasshouse Bogan #1
nissan patrol gu
9,423 Posts
Sway bars for me too. I felt very tippy on big red without them.

·
Registered
Nissan
92 Posts
Get new ones

I got the Superior Engineering super flexi sway bar kit (front and rear) for my GU Patrol, so I have the best of both worlds, keep them on and keep them flexi :)

Very easy to put on as well, just bolt on.

Just make sure you get the right dampners and you might have to grind off the little tabs on the original u shaped mounts as Superior Engineering don't supply new ones in the kit (??????) don't know why (??????).

Now how much do you want to spend?:D

·
Registered
nissan
1,109 Posts
Leave them on if you drive on public roads.

Now you might not think that handling is much different, but when a semi or a soccer mum pulls out in front of your when you're doing 110km/h you might change your mind.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts