1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I have a 1998 Ti Patrol
I had my radio on when
the aerial bent and snapped at the base (so the aerial was fully extended)
Funnily enough the radio still works (although signal strength is not as good)

So I was looking at buying an Antenna Mast & Rope

Is this what I should be buying, if it is then how do I fit it?

Cheers

·
Registered
nissan
2,003 Posts
Yes... takes about 2 minutes to fit

With the radio off...
Undo the chrome retaining nut on the antenna (carefull use of pliers will usually do it)
Turn the radio on and it will spit out the old rope and mast.
Feed in the tail of the new rope and you will feel it meet the worm gear.
Turn off the radio and the worm drive will draw in the new rope and mast
Refit the retaining nut

·
Registered
nissan
1 Posts
I have replaced the mast and rope on my GQ twice, once when I had a tree branch slap the antenna and snap it off.The second time was when some kind scumbag snapped it off for me while I was parked on the street. I forgot lower it. I have just bought a 2002 GU with a non working antenna. Removed the top nut removed the antenna mast and tried to eject the remainder of the rope with no success. The motor runs till it times out but won't spit out the old rope. I thought maybe the fairies had got it out for me so I tried to fit the new rope but it only goes in so far and the motor loads up and stops. Seems the old rope has broken below the actuating gear and will not eject. Any suggestions otherwise it seems I will have to remove the whole antenna to get the remains of the old rope out. Thanks Pete

·
Registered
nissan/patrol
653 Posts
Yep you will need to remove inner guard lining and aerial to remove the remainder of the cord, done this just recently myself. 3 screws from memory, pull off the side of the antenna cord housing and remove the offending cord, took me about 15min all up.

·
Premium Member
nissan
5,279 Posts
Yep you will need to remove inner guard lining and aerial to remove the remainder of the cord, done this just recently myself. 3 screws from memory, pull off the side of the antenna cord housing and remove the offending cord, took me about 15min all up.
You did well. It took me fifteen minutes fighting to try and get the guard lining clips out. Ended up having to destroy every one to get them out. :headwall: The dick who had fitted my snorkel used a type of clip that once the middle pin is pushed in, there is no way to get them out apart from snapping them. ***** of an idea. :mad: Rest of the job was pretty quick. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts