Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Anyone have any photos of how to repair the rear big barn door. Mine is cracked and getting worse.

There used to be an awesome guide on here but the photos have vanished.

Rich.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
46,314 Posts
Hi All,

Anyone have any photos of how to repair the rear big barn door. Mine is cracked and getting worse.

There used to be an awesome guide on here but the photos have vanished.

Rich.

Hi Rich. Will look deeper into links as I know since the forum change many links in the archives are broken.
Found one but when I link it here I get the Oops message???
Do a search for Rear Door Repair Step 1 when I do it that way I can see pics. Let me know how you get on.

I will put the link here as I would like to use this as an example.

·
Registered
nissan
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Ross,

Thanks for the reply.

When I copy and paste that exact search I get nothing except this thread. No photos. Nothing.

Tried lots of options bot nothing.

Rich

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
46,314 Posts
Hi Ross,

Thanks for the reply.

When I copy and paste that exact search I get nothing except this thread. No photos. Nothing.

Tried lots of options bot nothing.

Rich

Not sure what is going on there I just did it again with a cut and paste and it came up, I'm on Win10 and Chrome. Make sure you scroll through the full listing.

·
Registered
nissan
6,597 Posts
This link works for me.

·
Registered
nissan
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lol.

I’m on a Mac and Tapatalk.

Here is what I see;

I’m lost.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
46,314 Posts
Can you change the view? This is what I get when I type the thread name I mentioned into the search engine.

·
Registered
nissan
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tried a few different combos.

It may be Tapatalk as it works when I look on the net.

·
Registered
nissan
6,597 Posts
It may be Tapatalk as it works when I look on the net.
I'd say it's pretty pointless looking at a picture intensive thread for how-to info on anything smaller than a proper computer screen anyway. Phones and tablets using Tapa are the wrong tool for the job.

·
Registered
nissan
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'd say it's pretty pointless looking at a picture intensive thread for how-to info on anything smaller than a proper computer screen anyway. Phones and tablets using Tapa are the wrong tool for the job.
A lesser man would make a wise crack about age.. but as I don’t actually know you are old I won’t.

I totally agree. Except my wife would kill me if I dropped her new MacBook or got it covered in diff oil. My iPad on the other hand is no issue.

Will have a decent look at my door. Thanks for your help finding the thread.

·
Registered
nissan
6,597 Posts
There is another thread about removing the rear window if that needs to be done for your car.

·
Registered
nissan
252 Posts
I don't have the original thread, but from memory I think I followed the same concept. Rather that just welding up the small crack, and wait for it to re-appear, I added a stiffener. See photos below. The tube is 20mm, by 410mm long, with a couple of spacers to help get the right fit.
It worked well, and still does after 4 years. The door closes much easier, as there's less flex in it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts