Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Part of the furniture
nissan
4,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
REPCO = Rip Every Poor Cun t Off.

how frustrating, there catalogue stale started today 18th November and runs to the 5th December, and i went into my local REPCO store at 8.47am, 17 minutes after they opened.

there was 4 items, i specifically went in to buy, and none of these where related to each other. went down the list of things i wanted, and 1 by 1 they got crossed out because the local store didn’t have any in store, so i suggested can you get these from another store or from warehouse? “i didn’t mind waiting” and the reply i got “sorry sir, no other stores seem to have any in stock either and we dont have a warehouse as such, we just get deliveries from brands” i was a little annoyed by now, but thought well, im trying to be cheap and save some cash, ill be nice and just see if they can order what i want in from where ever they get them from..

20 minutes later, after i have ordered my 8 products, and me thinking somewhat $450 later, was saving myself about $230 coins... guy tells me, “yup no worries, ill give ya a call when they are in, shouldn’t be more then 4 or 5 weeks” – i was cool with that.

started strolling out the store, i get within 5 feet of the door, and something clicked in my brain and made me ask, im still gonna get that at catalogue price right? reply i got was “if we get them before the 5th of December, you will get them at catalogue price, if its after.. im sorry, we wont be able to do them at catalogue price” – my reply, “WHAT?!? you just said they wont be here for 4 weeks, max 5? Thats ridiculous! , so your not gonna honour the fact that your company has ****ed up? why advertised products if you haven’t got them?

didn’t give the the chap time to reply, told him to cancel the order, and walked out!

what ever happen to keeping us consumers happy?
there was a few other guys in there, that walked out empty handed as well.

·
Registered
nissan
1,529 Posts
ACCC - seriously repco HAS been done for misleading customers before by advertising items at well below cost when only 1 or 2 store had 1 or 2 of the items in stock australia wide.

As for them not having a warehouse thats bull****. They have a warehouse in SA as I've had to wait for items to come from their warehouse in SA (even though the australian distributor of the items is not more than a km from my local repco store...)

·
Registered
nissan
308 Posts
Get to know your local guy ,once you have a good customer relationship ,you can get things done..

·
Part of the furniture
nissan
4,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Get to know your local guy ,once you have a good customer relationship ,you can get things done..
yeah, not always the case.
i personaly know the manger though the emergency services.
they try there best, but sometimes at the end of the day, the company just roots us all.

even they feel the frustrations.

·
Registered
nissan
72 Posts
Ah that sounds familiar. Went in to get some roof racks advertised as being on sale about a month ago. Guy says we dont have any in stock, gets on the computer and finds one pair at another shop in vic. He rings them up and they say they are on hold for someone. Why put the product in the catalogue if only one store in the entire sate has only one pair? Im sick of dealing with them as this isnt the first time something like this has happened so I now take my bussiness to Bursons auto pro here in town. Very helpful guys with a much wider range of stock.

·
Registered
nissan
308 Posts
yeah, not always the case.
i personaly know the manger though the emergency services.
they try there best, but sometimes at the end of the day, the company just roots us all.

even they feel the frustrations.
True that , my mate in Tas is a REPCO manager ,he used to give us staff prices ,etc ,etc now even the staff can't get it.. once upon atime you could walk in and get trade discounts (Im a tradie) then that all stopped. You need to fill out a form with ABN details now... finanical times i guess..

·
Registered
nissan
205 Posts
True that , my mate in Tas is a REPCO manager ,he used to give us staff prices ,etc ,etc now even the staff can't get it.. once upon atime you could walk in and get trade discounts (Im a tradie) then that all stopped. You need to fill out a form with ABN details now... finanical times i guess..
Not quite true. You can still apply for a trade card without any ABN details. The only "catch" is that you must spend $150 or more each month to be eligible.

I just applied for mine the other day. There are some very decent savings to be had with a trade card, ie oil filters are almost half of the retail price.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Why put the product in the catalogue if only one store in the entire sate has only one pair?.
Known as Bait Advertising
get suckers in the door, not have what they want, sell them something else

They are famous for it..

There was another sale few yrs ago on Outers, From memory it was something like a $2600 indash Alpine dvd player for $499...
(might have been this one: http://www.exploroz.com/Forum/Topic/26509/ACCC_response_to_Repco_complaint.aspx)

About 60 people from 3-4 different forums were waiting at various Repco stores round aussie when they opened.

But there was 1 radio forsale in 1 store in the whole place.

Everyone bombarded them with a few hundred emails and all that emailed them got a $10 gift voucher to appease them.

From memory the ACCC was onto them that time too... Big scary ACCC...

Misleading & deceptive conduct

Edit; quick google finds heaps of hits on Bait Advertising Repco

Like the ACCC before
http://www.accc.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/720211/fromItemId/621575

"Five of the products advertised in the catalogue were advertised at a discount of between 66 per cent and 92 per cent off their original pre-sale price, four on the catalogue's front page", ACCC Chairman, Mr Graeme Samuel, said today.

"More than one third of Repco's 290 stores Australia-wide did not have any of the five products available for sale during any part of the sale period. Of those stores that did hold stock, most did not have any stock available to consumers after the first day of the sale".

result: **** all
http://www.accc.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/721811

http://www.kellyhazellquill.com.au/publications/Bait advertising.Sept06.pdf

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,690 Posts
Dont some of these businesses have on their cataloges
"Not all products avaliable from all stores " ???

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
bit different when its ""Not all products avaliable from any stores "

·
Part of the furniture
nissan
4,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
all 4 products i was after, had no mention of this in the cataloge.
and the products i was after, they where a general product..
they just only seem to have excess quantaties when not on sale :/

·
Go Hard or Go Home
3,197 Posts
I used to get parts so cheap, i don't work on cars enough these days to justify $150 a month..
I have an electronic copy from work that I hand /email to people who want a trade number. Its saved me and others a fortune over the years.

You can use it anywhere which sell or retail automotive parts, providing the spares shop does not already sell at trade prices of course.

If you want a copy, just PM me your email address & I will forward one onto you which you can print at no monthly cost......

·
Registered
Nissan
1,671 Posts
they legally have to offer you a similar product at the same price or order it in for you at the advertised price. I have been through it with the ACCC with my business in the past. They also state that atleast 1 store in the country must have the product available to view and order off for the duration of the sale. Go to ACCC, It will hurt them!!!!
Cheers Troy

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,690 Posts
old school hero

Now ya understand how i fell goin down the local pub

Get there on a saturday/sunday pay $20/$25 ish for 6 UDLs
Get there monday and pay $30 !!!
When i ask y
Oh we run out of the weekend stock,this is new stock (WTF)

Needless to say a little whisper to the ACCC will be happenin
Not that theyll do much,big voices in long skirts if ya ask me

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
old school hero

Now ya understand how i fell goin down the local pub

Get there on a saturday/sunday pay $20/$25 ish for 6 UDLs
Get there monday and pay $30 !!!
When i ask y
Oh we run out of the weekend stock,this is new stock (WTF)

Needless to say a little whisper to the ACCC will be happenin
Not that theyll do much,big voices in long skirts if ya ask me
Who's the skirt drinking UDL's???

HAHAHAHA nah I drink them from time to time as well.

And yeah, I've been a part of the Crapco advertising stings as well. I just walked out and told them to stick their "advertised specials"

·
Registered
518 Posts
I have an electronic copy from work that I hand /email to people who want a trade number. Its saved me and others a fortune over the years.

You can use it anywhere which sell or retail automotive parts, providing the spares shop does not already sell at trade prices of course.

If you want a copy, just PM me your email address & I will forward one onto you which you can print at no monthly cost......
Pm sent

·
Registered
378 Posts
well i had a win at repco this morning they had a picture and part no of a battery in the catalogue and it said from $125. I walked in and said i will have one of these and the proceed to tell me they are $267 i protested and said who do i call about this as its miss leading so the manager went and made a call to head office and came back to me and said there will be an apology in the next catalog but i got it for $125:victory:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts