Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Patrol Ute DX | CRD | 3" exhaust | Twin Locked
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I recently got a twin locked GU ute that is a DX. Driver door is somewhat dinged and the lock mechanism is finicky (I can lock using the key but can't unlock using the key argh!) so I thought I might replace the doors and have found a set of ST doors. I was wondering whether I can directly fit the ST doors on a DX and would the wiring be too much of a hassle? I can live with not having central locking and having to control the window up/down individually from either door instead of doing passenger door from the panel on the driver door (ie: I'm just interested in powering the window mechanism to start with)

Any help is appreciated.

Oh also, the doors I found were from a 2009 GU wagon, I'm assuming these will fit fine right?

Thanks in advance.

·
just a good guy.
2009 gu ute
8,886 Posts
. You might find that ute doors are different to wagon. I think the bottom front of the doors is the issue. Could be wrong worth checking.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh frick, I didn't realize that. Well a good thing I didn't get the doors yet. Have you come across this finicky lock barrel? I can lock using the key but can't unlock and it's so frustrating.

Thanks mate

·
Registered
Nissan
113 Posts
the doors are all the same - for each series
series 1-5 ute had the original shape, so the doors were the same as the series 1-3 wagon

series 6 ute onwards utes had the same front end as the series 4 onwards wagons

as long as the front end looks the same you will be right

series1.jpg
series 1-3 wagon
series 4.jpg

series 4 onwards wagon

·
Registered
'14 Y61 ZD30 CRD M/T ST
2,131 Posts
The front door shape on all GU models, SWB, LWB and Ute from start of production up to current models still being produced, is identical. Only difference is the holes to mount the protection strips on some earlier models.

·
Registered
Nissan
113 Posts
The front door shape on all GU models, SWB, LWB and Ute from start of production up to current models still being produced, is identical. Only difference is the holes to mount the protection strips on some earlier models.
well, there you go
I thought the doors changed when they went from the S3 to the S4 with the different body style

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh okay, thanks for confirming that mate. So I can use the wagon doors from any series on my ute which is good to hear. Would you happen to know whether the DX will have existing wiring for auto windows or any idea on the wiring diagram so I could route power to the mechanism/switch when I fit a ST door? Thanks again

·
Registered
'14 Y61 ZD30 CRD M/T ST
2,131 Posts
oh okay, thanks for confirming that mate. So I can use the wagon doors from any series on my ute which is good to hear. Would you happen to know whether the DX will have existing wiring for auto windows or any idea on the wiring diagram so I could route power to the mechanism/switch when I fit a ST door? Thanks again
I'm not sure what's involved with getting electric windows to work on a DX, but there are a number of threads on here of people that have done it in the past. From memory there was one as recent as a week or so ago. I don't think it's rocket science.

There's a link to a post where you can download the ESM from, in my signature. It contains all wiring diagrams.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts