Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I'm looking to get a heavy duty tie rod & drag link for my 2004 GU (Y61) 3.0 TD. Unfortunately getting this type of gear in Europe is a nightmare and seriously expensive so I'm looking at aftermarket alternatives from Australia.

Just wandered if anyone had heard of or used these guys based on the Gold Coast, they're a relatively new outfit but look to produce some nice gear for 4x4's.....

Cutting Edge Engineering (QLD) - 4x4 Heavy Duty accessories & parts

......any help much appreciated

Cheers

Johnny, Lancashire, England..........

·
Registered
Nissan
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good gear no doubt, there are many other suppliers as well, some of them are on this site.
I'll have a route around and see what else is available, but as far as a precision engineered bit goes, these seem hard to beat for the money and he (Kurtis) gave me a great deal on international airmail postage for both bits of kit.

·
Registered
nissan
528 Posts
Roadsafe.com.au make good gear also. You will find their stuff on eBay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
nissan
425 Posts
Bought a comp spec tie rod complete with ends from patroldocta $320 delivered to my door last week.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,861 Posts

Superior make top notch gear that's built tough.
Superior engineering are brilliant to deal with and quality gear.
Not trying to dismiss Superior's reputation and they do sell good gear of which I use myself, but be wear they do make mistakes, like there first run Hybrid arms no body is perfect . The average Joe can't afford to have there own machinery in the shed to constantly improve or rectify issues if a design does not go to plan the first time around.

Will give superior credit that they do improve on there designs once a problem has been noted and continually look to innovate on other products available on the market to keep there edge over their competitors of which other company's are also making available gear of equal or higher standards.

Have bent there Comp tie rod, still working and know if it was a standard arm it would be a lot worse, built tough but still bend able, nothing is bullet proof.

·
Premium Member
2003 ZD30 Di Patrol (The rare Gold one)
25,675 Posts
I tried straightening one of their comp spec tie rods by driving on it with the patrol. It did not move. Even with Fester bouncing up and down on my side steps.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts