Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Replace the head light loom with a HD one, it will make a difference with standard globes and is nessecary for higher wattage globes.

·
Registered
407 Posts
The first thing I did to my GQ was replace the crappy lights. I went to ARB and got some IPF lenses, fatboy globes and the upgraded wiring loom. Made such a massive difference... It is simply awesome!

Was a little pricey, but definitely worth it.

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GQ GU
1,299 Posts
HID Hi/Lo kit out of Hong Kong to your Door for under $100 and your life will never be the same mate. Everything else will be second best and chasing the problem. HID conversion fitted to your lights in under 30mins will be a final solution to your problem.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
HID Hi/Lo kit out of Hong Kong to your Door for under $100 and your life will never be the same mate. Everything else will be second best and chasing the problem. HID conversion fitted to your lights in under 30mins will be a final solution to your problem.

Except it is illegal.

·
Registered
Nissan patrol
1,610 Posts
Rubbish
Where did you hear this?
Many new model Mercs come out from factory with HID's as standard :rolleyes:

·
Registered
nissan
399 Posts
Rubbish
Where did you hear this?
Many new model Mercs come out from factory with HID's as standard :rolleyes:
Vehicles that come from the FACTORY with Xenon headlamps also have a self adjuster in them (cant think of the name) so you dont blind oncoming traffic when you hit a bump, go up hill etc.
Aftermarket kits do NOT have the self adjuster and are ILLEGAL for road use.

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GQ GU
1,299 Posts
Except it is illegal.
Vehicles that come from the FACTORY with Xenon headlamps also have a self adjuster in them (cant think of the name) so you dont blind oncoming traffic when you hit a bump, go up hill etc.
Aftermarket kits do NOT have the self adjuster and are ILLEGAL for road use.
Yeah may well be??? I have never in 7 years been hassled for them though. And i run mine without the defuser cap cause it knocks too much light out of my way.

But hey!! I drive a GQ Patrol with a 5" lift with a 2" Body lift and 35" Centipedes, HID XGTs, 4xHID Roof lights and HiLo HID headlights and dont get hassled.

But lets face it the car is so close to legal that i can get away with it. I must be under the Radar...where did i put that Engineer's number???:confused:

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GQ GU
1,299 Posts
On a Serious note though, HID head lights may or may not be legal but your not looking to get a RWC with them in, your looking for better headlight performance.

Fit the HID HiLo kit, adjust your headlights to suit the lift of your vehicle and drive responsibly in the city.

Respect the traffic coming towards you with your light setting and you will never be hassled for running HID headlights i reckon. Especially given that there are many european cars about now with HID headlights so your not really going to be that "out of the norm" when traveling down the road towards a Copper that he might think..."i wonder if this car should have HID lights or not??"

Go the HID HiLo mate.

My 2c

·
Registered
368 Posts
Well im blind as a bat at night so Ive gone the projector headlamp and HID rouet with my headlights and am very satisfied.All up the conversion with headlamps and HID kit cost $250.I do know that the IPF kit with fatboy globes comes in close to $380 and that hella lenses and philips +80 globes will set you back around $200 plus a loom upgrade (if the looms are high resistance).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts