Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Nissan Patrol GU3 ZD30DI wagon
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

My original Nissan alternator has just died after 18 years of sterling service and I'm looking for a higher output replacement. Although I would have prefered something in the order of a 120Amp alternator, after quite an extensive web search, I'm leaning towards a 100Amp JayLec 65-3131-2 (fixed pulley), as a reasonably priced alternative (around $300 delivered), with a passable 3 year 25,000km warranty (most only offer a poor 12 month/20,000km warranty). Does any anyone have any alternative suggestions?

Also, should I replace the serpentine belt tensioner at the same time? I suspect it may be the Nissan original, and although it seems OK, I'm wondering whether it wouldn't be smarter to do both at the same time? If so, should I buy a genuine Nissan?

Thanks,

Stephen

·
Registered
nissan patrol
70 Posts
Buy an alternator on car scrap yard that suits you according to the method of installation.
Many manufacturers use the same alternator, but different carriers- brackets. So you can combine parts with your old alternator.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ended up buying a JayLec 65-3131HD 115Amp clutched (I couldn't find a non-clutched to suit in this ampage) listed for a 3.0 litre Nissan Navara from Automotive Super Store - $385 delivered. Dropped straight in and all connectors fit. 3-year/25,000km warranty. The only better warranty was from Bosch at 5-years with no kilometer limitation but in the time I had, I couldn't find a higher output than the standard 90Amp.

Reactions: Hords

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have just bought this one from Repco. OEX HXA099U.

Thaks @geordie4x4 for posting this - I did come across this brand when researching but didn't know who they were. Will remember for sometime off in the future. Stephen

Reactions: geordie4x4

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol Y-61
914 Posts
Krauf ALH3702DD
135A, but need to redo the power wire output

1 - 6 of 6 Posts