1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
238 Posts
175dBa? That'll wake up any tool that tries to cut you off in traffic!

May i suggest you mount them somewhere that doesn't stop the sound getting out? 175dBa could well damage your vehicle. 180dB will shred newspaper into confetti just from the sound waves alone.

·
Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
26,275 Posts
Possibly inside the channel of your bull bar,near the indicator light?

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
175dBa? That'll wake up any tool that tries to cut you off in traffic!

May i suggest you mount them somewhere that doesn't stop the sound getting out? 175dBa could well damage your vehicle. 180dB will shred newspaper into confetti just from the sound waves alone.
You dont wanna look at their 195db option then :)

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Possibly inside the channel of your bull bar,near the indicator light?
Thats where Im thinkin.. Vince is lookin in the engine bay, but the air pressure may blow a hole in his piston.. :lol: :lol: :bump:

·
Registered
216 Posts
The horn in the patrol is embarrassingly weak.. sounds like a reject out of a morris 1100

Anyone dealt with
http://trainhorns.net/

Chattin with Vince on SMN, lookin at this one -
http://trainhorns.net/Hot-Rods-Deluxe/The-Kracken-Truck-Horns/675208/
•175 dBa Sound Output
•3 Gallon Air Tank
•150 PSI 100% Duty Cycle Air Horn Compressor

Just gotta find somewhere to fit them out of sight so ya dont look like a tool..

Ideas?
I'm not sure if he still has them, but at one stage Roachie had some train horns (Grande Vitesse I think) fitted inside the bullbar somewhere.

·
Registered
nissan
2,479 Posts
Thats where Im thinkin.. Vince is lookin in the engine bay, but the air pressure may blow a hole in his piston.. :lol: :lol: :bump:
ho ho ho .. very farkin funny.:p
but prob with bull bar guys is river crossings... i am sure they are not designed to go under water.

·
Wanna be...........ELSEWHERE
1,847 Posts
Im running twin air horns behind the bull bar pointing down with the compressor mounted under the washer bottle.

They are loud but not loud enough to get my point across, next will be the train horns mounted in the same spot.

·
Registered
nissan
8,930 Posts
In most states you have to maintain the original horn and run the bigger one off a seperate circut/switch.

Just saying thats all. ;)

·
Weekend Warrior
Nissan patrol
10,348 Posts
I have my airhorns in under/behind the indicator on the bullbar, and yes the water killed them.....

Mount them on the intercooler mount rail or inside the snorkel :lol: or behind your grill, or um yeh nah.....

·
If you drive a box you get box
1,115 Posts
ive got some 40 buck triple horns from super-crap. they seem to do the job

got behind the grille alright too

·
Chev 6.5 litre V8: no substitute for cubic inches
nissan patrol
2,633 Posts
I'm not sure if he still has them, but at one stage Roachie had some train horns (Grande Vitesse I think) fitted inside the bullbar somewhere.
I've had those Grand Vitesse twin horns for over 15 years and decided recently that they weren't loud enough anymore....I'm not sure if they're still as good as when they were new, but I didn't think so.

Anyway, I recently bought a set off ebay from the states. They look identical to the ones shown as 141P on Truckster's link in the top post on this thread. They cost me a total of AUD$143- landed on my doorstep....but they didn't include all the other bits shown in the photo, as I already had the whole air system fitted to my rig.

Here is a link to the ebay page
http://shop.ebay.com.au/safevehicle...7C72%3A2392&_ipg=&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_pgn=7

Here is a pic of my rig....you can see the horns just on the driver's side of the spare tyre:

These are VERY FAARRKKING LOUD...... They even scare me when I blast them....

I have replaced the 16 litre tank with a 25 litre tank from my old shed compressor. I've also added a 135psi cut-off switch to replace the 100psi switch and for safety I've fitted a 150psi relief valve. All this is pumped by the Grand Bosse Compressor. Of course I've had to add a regulator for the air locker, as they don't like anything above 100psi.....

·
Banned
1,101 Posts
1 - 20 of 106 Posts