Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My rear brake drums are stuffed and I am having trouble finding replacements - does anyone know if you can bolt drums from a Navara or Pathfinder on to an MK rear axle (h233 diff). Alternately is there anything else that will fit - was a bit tempted to convert to discs but would need to replace brake lines and get certified here in New Zealand so cost would outway the benefits.

·
Registered
nissan mk
970 Posts
Repco have them here, is it possible to get nthem on the brake lathe and true them up ten use oversize linings if necessary?
There's plenty of meat in those drums so they should take a few skims.

·
Registered
nissan
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That is our last resort plan if we can't find replacements - would need to machine then add a sleeve, as have about a 5mm lip on them at present

·
Registered
nissan
281 Posts
Charo249

I have just purchased replacement shoes for rear brakes and parking brake from BNT here in Blenheim, NZ. They had them on the shelf. Repco have also had them in the past.

David

PS Oops - Just noticed it is the drums not shoes you want. I wonder if GQ drums fit?

·
Registered
nissan
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes BNT stock front and rear pads and also front rotors just not the rear drums. Did some GQ models come with drums - thought they all had rear discs?

·
Registered
nissan mk
970 Posts
This is from Supercheaps website hope it helps!

Patrol MQ Series
1/81 - 12/87
Protex
NISSAN PATROL MQ 1981-87
DRUM1705
$108.00
REAR:Rear DIAMETER:270 HEIGHT:65.5 MAXIMUM:102 MINIMUM:74 CENTRE:271.5 NO. OF STUDS:6
AT030
Patrol MQ Series
1/81 - 12/87
Protex
NISSAN PATROL FRONT 81-87
DR329
$40.95
FRONT:Front TYPE:Vented DIAMETER:295 HEIGHT:30 THICKNESS MAX:20 THICKNESS MIN.:18 CENTRE DIAM.:104 NO. OF STUDS:6
AT030
Year:
Catalogue:
Item Type:

Go to Parts List
Search for another Part
(0 Items selected)
Displaying 2 items.
Make:
Nissan
Model:
Patrol

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,690 Posts
Why dont ya put a wanted add in the MQ/MK classifieds (This section)
As mentioned those that have them (well a few sets)just throw them out
Surely you could pick something up for near nothin
There are a few different parts Nos for the brake shoes as well

·
Registered
nissan
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Anyone in New Zealand that has a spare set of drums - feel free to PM me with a price for them.

·
Registered
nissan
281 Posts
I am pretty sure the early GQs had drums on the rear. Why not ask in the GQ forum? Also MQs being parted appear quite often on Trademe - should be able to pick up a set cheap. Look under Safari as well as MQ and MK

David

·
Registered
nissan
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Your busy stinky - just replied to you on the off road express forum. How hard was disc conversion is it certified?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts