Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I just want to know what is being used as replacements for the standard seats??
cheers,

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
im after something abit more solid to hold me in the seat in the ruff stuff any ideas
Recaros.. The ones I looked into recently were only $2700 each. but they will hold you right on your date.

·
Chev 6.5 litre V8: no substitute for cubic inches
2,633 Posts
Few months ago I bought a Stratos seat off another forum member. It turned out to be uncomfortable so I've on-sold it... BUT: I kept the 2 seat adaptor/runners that were with it and were made to fit the GU. The seat itself had the same bolt-hole pattern as a VP/VN Commodore, so now I'm on the look-out for a good pair of those seats to bolt-up to my new runners. Commodore seats from an up-market model (electric etc) is what I'm after, just need to get along to a wreckers in the "smoke" at some stage.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts

·
Patrol 2.8 TD
1,640 Posts
gleno yeah i saw that, pity i dont need the middle and rear row seats though.

sent out an email to findmypart requesting 2 front TI seats, got 1 quote back for $550! no other quotes.

he's dreaming

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
4,691 Posts
Ive put 1986 Mazda seats in a MQ
Used the factory runners and the seats near as perfect bolted onto the factory runners
Even were a similar beige colour as the MQs
I know its not GU,but with mention of GQ ,would be a similar replacement for the GQ

·
Registered
646 Posts
Just fitted a VQ statesman seat to my coil cab ,it took a fair bit of mucking around ,making a frame to mount the seat to the original GQ sliders but the comfort is worth it.

·
Registered
235 Posts
If you are after some 3 row seat, I have a set of leather 'Desert Sand' that you can have for $400.00 plus postage.

The seats are brand new and were taken out 2 days after I purchased the Patrol for installation of the drawer system. They have been stored in the spare bedroom since.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
sent out an email to findmypart requesting 2 front TI seats, got 1 quote back for $550! no other quotes.

he's dreaming
sounds reasonable to me... how much were you expecting him to quote?

·
Registered
502 Posts
i just fitted BA fairmiont Ghia leather seats to the GQ with no hassle very easy to put in,
im not sure if the GU seat bolt patterns are the same but you could try XR8 seats for sumthing to hold you in.

·
Registered
235 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just bought 2006 model seats off fleabay, I will cross fingers and see how we go, thanks all for info and clues, will see if fit is the same??
cheers,

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
GQ and GU floorpans are different.. I would hesitate to guess GU models would be the same though.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Just bought 2006 model seats off fleabay, I will cross fingers and see how we go, thanks all for info and clues, will see if fit is the same??
cheers,
The 2006 model seats still suck, dont expect any miracles of comfort over distance.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts