Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone knows if the studs on the front of the water pump (for the fan pulley) are replaceable for a GQ 2.8? Was putting the fan back on at the weekend after a belt change and snap (insert many curse words) one of the studs snapped.

I've called around to a few local spare parts places and they have all told me that the studs are not replacement and you need a whole new water pump.

I find this a tad bit hard to believe as I know of some water pumps which come without studs.

Was just wondering if anyone has ever had to change these studs first hand?

Cheers,
TC

·
Registered
nissan
4,831 Posts
Can't say for 2.8 but would pressume same as 4.2, replaced mine with bolts they are a standard 6mm thread fixed studs just unscrew, you might want to pull pump off to make easier.

Reactions: tonycrouch

·
Registered
nissan
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that ... were you able to leave the heads on the bolts at the rear of the water pump ... or was there not enough room?

·
Registered
nissangqpatrol
267 Posts
x2 on mads advice
i ya remove the pump make sure u have spare o-ring and gaskets incase u need em. Saves going back or spares.

·
Registered
nissan
4,831 Posts
Tony I just used the bolts from front, is a bit of a pain to fit when radiator in but is doable.
I reckon it is easier than fitting nut to a stud, no matter which way you look at it it's not the easiest job

1 - 5 of 5 Posts