Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi team,
It has been a while since I was able to log on, but have still enjoyed the posts. I am about to remove the A/C controls in the GU and wondred if there were any tricks and/or issues I should be aware of. The fan works only on position 4 and the knob that changes the air flow is ceased so I figured I could get a second hand one and change it. Can anyone give me any hints about it's removal.

Thanks in advance

Jazzman

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
The fan only working on the highest setting is mosy likely the fan speed resistor (look for a connector with four wires attached to a small housing) should be mounted in the air ducting behind the fan motor on the far left underneath of the dash) and on my GU4 (not sure about the earlier series) the fan/vent controls are accessable by removing the centre dash garnish around the radio but it is unlikley the vent control knob mechanism is seized

I would be looking at the linkage on the heater box on the other end of the control (possibly one of the internal flaps the the heater box is stuck)

I would remove the cable at this end & move the linkage by hand to see if it is moving first before pulling the control out

Regards Don

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So does that mean replacing the fan speed resistor?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don,
Just did the rp7 trick and you were right the wires were clogged and couldn't slide . . Now for the fan speed. I haven't a clue as to what to do about finding the resistor you talk about. I don't know how to put pictures up properly on my thread so I will send them to you privately if you could just point me in the right direction

Thanks

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
If you look under the dash on the far lh side you should see it

You can remove it and check the resistance as per the page i have posted but as a rule if you lose every speed other than high the resistor is no good & needs to be replaced

On some resistors the coils are exposed & you can see the broken one on others they are encased in a block and you cant see them

Regards Don

Attachments

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Ps the image is shown for a lh drive so on yours everything will be reversed

Regards Don

·
Registered
247 Posts
JazzMan,
under the glovebox right next to the fan motor.
you have to take glovebox out.

2 screws and it pulls out of the ducting very simple and 10 mins to replace.
NizzBits helped me out for the resistor was really easy to sort.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks team I will attack it tomorrow and let you know how it goes

1 - 8 of 8 Posts